'Gus' The Final Chapter

What's Hot

Comments

• Sassafras said:
    Didn't they have a single coil pickup originally?
    Yeah originally this would have had a thin pickup, Kind of like a single coil strat pickup but alot of players back in the day seemed to have swapped them out for something more powerful. Under the pick guard theirs a little bit of routing to widen it but nothing too bad. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32389
    Great guitar and story!
  • Very cool guitar and great back story. ;)
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    I'd have been climbing over you to get to that first! What a fantastic looking guitar and I do so love a back story, consider me green with envy.

Happy NGD.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10932
    I've wanted a vintage MM with humbucker route since seeing that clip of Gary Moore tearing the crap out of one in Sydney a few years back

• roberty said:
    I've wanted a vintage MM with humbucker route since seeing that clip of Gary Moore tearing the crap out of one in Sydney a few years back

This clip was one of the reasons I went for it, and of course Rory Gallagher. @roberty I think you're local to me mate, If I make it to one of these local jams come say hi, you're more than welcome to have a go. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    roberty said:

This clip was one of the reasons I went for it, and of course Rory Gallagher. @roberty I think you're local to me mate, If I make it to one of these local jams come say hi, you're more than welcome to have a go. 
    That would be great man
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 625
    Nice find dude, very cool.

And super light!
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2537
    That is a beautiful guitar, congrats on such a great find.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25100
    roberty said:
    Slightly off topic, but this is the guy who got me interested in Melody Makers, albeit the later '65 style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiizHnYF0Yk
    Philly_Q said:
    roberty said:
    Slightly off topic, but this is the guy who got me interested in Melody Makers, albeit the later '65 style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiizHnYF0Yk
    Holy shit that guy is a monster.  Some artistic VHS flanging effects going on there too :-)
  • Thanks for the all the great comments guys, Melody makers don't get the credit they deserve so nice to see theirs some fellow fans out there. Gigged her last night, brilliant guitar.
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    Looks great! When it appeared on eBay knew it wouldn’t last long - congrats!
  • A Love Affair track he was on is:
    https://youtu.be/Vecn3pLIEVI

• He was also in The Elastic Band in the late 60’s with Andy Scott, who later found fame with The Sweet (look at the songwriting credits on the label on this video):

https://youtu.be/iYo8kyLxNIw

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • He was also in The Elastic Band in the late 60’s with Andy Scott, who later found fame with The Sweet (look at the songwriting credits on the label on this video):

Amazing research thanks @Grocer_Jack !
  • I so nearly pipped you to the post on this one, was umming and ahhing but decided not... mistake! Looks great!!

Amazing research thanks @Grocer_Jack !
    All in a day’s work

• NikiEadonNikiEadon Frets: 18
    Gus “Ted” Eden / Eadon/ Yeadon is my old man.
    I’m really pleased the guitar found a good home.
    I have stories about this piece
    0reaction image LOL 18reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Wow - what a small world.