'Gus' The Final Chapter

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• NikiEadon said:
    Gus “Ted” Eden / Eadon/ Yeadon is my old man.
    I’m really pleased the guitar found a good home.
    I have stories about this piece
    Wow thanks Niki! Great to hear from you. Would love to know more about Gus and his history with the guitar. Feel free to pm me if you'd like to share. If you're ever down in the south west your welcome to pop in for a cup of tea and a catch up with the guitar. It's a lovely thing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3826
    Cool!

And getting cooler by the minute!! 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2149
    Gus delivered Niki in that very same guitar case. If you inhale deeply, you can still smell the placenta.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JackobeanJackobean Frets: 678
    edited August 2020
  • Jackobean said:
    Yes it's a sad day. The missus has said i need a 'grown up' car now so some gear will have to go. I haven't added it here yet but if anyone is interested let me know. It's a reluctant sell so if I sell the R8 I'll soon be listing I'll pull Gus. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Awww noooo poor gus guitar , what a sad end to the story 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10104
    A really cool guitar mate, and a lovely story and bit of provenance. 
  • HI Guys, So a bit of an interesting update.... 

As you know i decided to put Gus up for sale. It was hard one to let go but I was approached over the weekend by a fairly well known UK guitarist and I invited him to come over to mine with his Dad and try the guitar out yesterday evening. So Im rather pleased to announce the new owner of Gus is Toby Lee! 

Toby is fairly well known in the Industry and has played with some pretty amazing musicians. It was an absolute pleasure to hear him play and chat about what he's been getting up to. 
    It was a really difficult guitar to let go but hearing that Toby will be touring with this one around the world when it's safe was good to hear, Apparently some live gigs with Clapton and some other big names is on the cards so it'll be great to see this guitar potentially in the presence of guitar royalty. Owning a guitar with provenance and mojo like this has been great fun but I always felt it belonged with a player who was going to make it his own, Who knows with Toby being endorsed by Gibson perhaps we will see an artists model of Gus??? 

Anyways Toby and his dad we're a pleasure to hang out with and Toby is one of the most down to earth and humble 15 year olds I've met. 

We've agreed next time he's in Bristol we will catch up so hopefully I'll get to see Gus again soon. 

Thanks for joining me for the ride guys! 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7066
    edited September 2020
    Nice update. I haven’t heard of this young chap but It is a great end to the story. 

I quite fancied ‘Gus’ myself (both times it was recently available) but the timing wasn’t right. Very happy knowing that Toby is a far better custodian than I’d ever be. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Just watched the Namm19 video from Toby and he plays the blues very well. Sounds like it has gone to a good home
  • Alex,

it was so lovely meeting you yesterday!

I love the guitar so much I plays like a dream and sounds amazing, I will be using this one not tucking it away. 

I really appreciate the time you gave us.

Thank you for your kind words and we will see you again very soon 

Toby and Gus
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tobylee65 said:
    Alex,

I love the guitar so much I plays like a dream and sounds amazing, I will be using this one not tucking it away. 

Toby and Gus
    Absolute pleasure Toby, Welcome to The Fretboard and hope to see you soon enjoying Gus
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    Happy ending :)
  • Tobylee65 said:
    Alex,

Toby and Gus
    Absolute pleasure Toby, Welcome to The Fretboard and hope to see you soon enjoying Gus
    Cant stop playing it!

See you soon,

Toby