Delay and reverb in one pedal ?

What's Hot
FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
edited May 2014 in FX
Bit impressed by the EarthQuaker Devices Dispatch Master Delay & Reverb www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DkrU4UXQ1o.  My small board delay is a Flashback and I've been looking for a HoF/Trinity to put in the effects loop, but this looks like a chance to get an extra effect on the board for the same real estate.  Thoughts ?
"Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3351
    Have you thought about a Zoom MS-70CDR? You'll get your delays and reverbs, complex ones too, mods and a couple of other fx plus a decent tuner in a regular sized pedal. Oh, and they sound good too!
    I use mine with a Flashback Delay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22583
    The Zcat delay-reverb does much the same thing and every Zcat pedal I've used has been very very good. £80 brand new as well. 

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    Not sure if it's the same as the OP, but Earthquaker do the Disaster Transport SR which is dual delay and reverb
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9715
    There's a superb example on the forum right now...

Red Panda Context. A wonderrrrrrrful pedal, imho.
  • FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
    Reverb only ?
    On the point of buying - is it the Zcat or the Earthquaker ?
    Earthquaker needs an isolated power supply - could be a deal breaker
    Surprised no-one mentioned the Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai which apparently has a reverb.  However a bit complex for me and no DC power connection ?
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22583
    They didn't mention it because it's not a very flexible or good reverb to my ears. I love the SMMH for experimental stuff but I wouldn't use it for staight up reverb duties. 

Hit the Z-cat. I've had a number of their pedals come through my hands and they've all been very decent bits of kit. 

edited May 2014
    My principal concern is the quality of the reverb.  The only pedal I ever had was the Hermida, which TBH I found a bit meh.  I'd rather pay up if it means I get a reverb which really sounds the business. You cannot tell from the demo's.  The Earthquaker gets some fab reviews but I haven't seen anyone raving about the ZCat. For £80 I can get a used HOF and put it in the effects loop with my Flashback.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 620
    Kebabkid said:
    Have you thought about a Zoom MS-70CDR? You'll get your delays and reverbs, complex ones too, mods and a couple of other fx plus a decent tuner in a regular sized pedal. Oh, and they sound good too!
    I use mine with a Flashback Delay.
    Yes to this. I've just got one of these from the forum and love it. I've also got a Flashback and a Hall of Fame and to my non-boutique ears, the Zoom is equally as good and can do things neither of the TC pedals can. Great sounds, great pedal.
    edited May 2014
    Does look interesting - I like the phrase Bring the studio to the stage but I don't like fiddling in between songs. 

The battery vs AC is either a strength or a weakness.
    Is it analog dry signal path ?
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 620
    Does look interesting - I like the phrase Bring the studio to the stage but I don't like fiddling in between songs. 

The battery vs AC is either a strength or a weakness.

Is it analog dry signal path ?

They claim it will run for 7 hours on a set of batteries. Can't verify that yet but it's lasted over an hour so far! Runs perfectly fine off of a One-Spot daisy chain as well. It is not analog dry through which concerned me before buying, but I ran it back to back with my Hall of Fame (that does do analog dry through) and noticed no ill-effects at all. I'm really pleased with it and the other built in effects (and tuner) could really help in putting together a compact board. Even if you just want reverb and delay, I think it is a really great pedal, and not just for the price. There is a good You Tube video done by Burgman that does a run through of the presets. Fuelled my GAS.....
    edited May 2014
    I hate the idea that my analogue signal is being adulterated. Doesn't say true by-pass anywhere either ?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Watched the Brett Kingman review on Youtube  and what with him toggling the presets manually struck me that it could work in an effects loop - which would leave your dry signal untouched.
  • Disaster Transport SR is amazing.
    Perfectly caught now :)

The Z-Cat range is fascinating.  The 'Hold' facility offered on a couple of their pedals is very tempting http://www.zcatpedals.com/?dir=main

Question now of waiting until the decision makes itself...
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9779
    Those Z-Cat pedals are very reasonably priced. Tempting...
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    I really like the Dispatch Master, only reason I don't have one is because I have two delays on my board already.