Delay and reverb in one pedal ?

What's Hot

Comments

• brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 365
    I had a Dispatch Master (tried to sell it on here but someone else bought it first) and it is really good, a step up from the Zoom reverbs I thought, though the Zoom delays are pretty good. I sold the DM because I wanted more tape-y degrading delay repeats, but thinking about it now I reckon the way the DM's repeats are voiced - warmer than standard digital but without the rolloff you get on analogue/tape emulations - helps with the massive sense of space that happens when they're mixed with the DM's amazing reverb.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4069
    Kebabkid said:
    Have you thought about a Zoom MS-70CDR?
    And if you did... think no further than my sig.  I tend not to bump things but @Fusionista it's still FS if it's of interest, and no worries if not, just a PSA.
  • FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
    Spoiled for choice at the mo' - DM, Z-Cat or MS-70 ;)  Now if Z-Cat had a Reverb-Delay-Hold...
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
    edited June 2014
    The compelling factor finally arrived: @Grunfeld was playing down my way so we met up and I bought his MS-70CDR.  Despite my previous unhappy experiences with digital pedals, I will give the technology another go.  Perhaps the algorithms are improving.  If the reverb does cut it, the other programs will be bunce.  I will report back once I have tested it.
    edited September 2014
    Ach.   Amazing pedal, but doesn't work in the effects loop, and when you put it on the board it colours everything.  It is not that it is unpleasant, it just loses clarity.  Losing clarity means it fades in the live mix.  I can hear digital - it seems that some (most ?) cannot. 

Z-Cat next, but it will have to work in the effects loop.
  • For info, the reason I'm going Z-Cat is the Dispatch Master has no battery option. "We do not recommend using this pedal on a daisy chain. Please use a a dedicated power supply or isolated output from a multiple tap power supply for best performance." This means it cannot just sit on the amp in the effects loop, but needs either another (and isolated) power supply, or kicks a pedal off the 'small board.'
  • I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Boss RV3, I have one and it's great.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73049
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Boss RV3, I have one and it's great.
    Agreed. There's even a Behringer copy of it (DR400 I think) which is fine if you don't mind a fairly flimsy plastic casing and sells for about £30 brand new.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks, but still digital, and will it work in my effects loop ? If not have the same trouble on the board with no by-pass (yes, @ICBM I know your views there:-) 
    Thanks, but still digital, and will it work in my effects loop ? If not have the same trouble on the board with no by-pass (yes, @ICBM I know your views there:-) 
    The Boss RV-3 definitely has analogue dry path - it's that which is more critical for working in an FX loop. I assume the Behringer does too, although I haven't tested it (but everything else about it seems to be a straight copy.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited September 2014
    Damn double post…

Edited to something useful:

Almost all Boss digital pedals have an analogue dry path. The only exceptions I'm sure about at the moment are the PH-3 phaser and BF-3 flanger. Even the DD-6 delay (from the same 'generation') does.

• This has been a long journey of my own...

I've come to the following conclusions about the 'best' out there for me;

EQD Dispatch Master - subtle, lovely blends - v amp friendly

EQD Disaster Transport SR - magnificent, inspirational machine

Vanamps Solemate Jr - reverb only, but very warm and plays wonderfully with all amps and delays

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/EQD Disaster Transport SR/EQDDTSrVintage.jpg

• Sell me that DT SR someone !

(Actually it does look a bit of a studio thing :(  )
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9714
    edited September 2014
    No no no - surprisingly good live ! The blend (parallel ?) of the two delays into each other helps create great ideas for songs, intros, soundscapes etc etc.

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/EQD Disaster Transport SR/EQDDTSr2.jpg

• Actually, what about the Sole-Mate itself, in the effects loop ?
  • I don't have an effects loop on my Dr Z, so I can't help you. But the amp IS a bit funny about what pedals go before it, esp 'verb and delay. However, the Vanamps has shocked me BEFORE my amp. It is the loveliest, warmest verb ive tried, including most amp verbs. It actually IS a reverb unit, so this might be the reason why !

Bear in mind, i own the Big Sky too, but the Vanamps is wonderfully superior for subtle verb...

• Martin at MJW says the Sole-Mate is apparently designed to be used as a pedal, between the guitar and amp, and there’s a specific section in the manual saying that it will not work properly at line level (or above) and it may damage the unit.

• I really want a Disaster Transport senior now, but I've already got two delays on my board.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Shark_Eyes;373306" said:
    I really want a Disaster Transport senior now, but I've already got two delays on my board.
    Got one a couple of weeks ago...damn its good...and easy to use.

Definitely a keeper
  • samzadgan said:
    Shark_Eyes;373306" said:
    I really want a Disaster Transport senior now, but I've already got two delays on my board.
    Got one a couple of weeks ago...damn its good...and easy to use.

Definitely a keeper
    Put the kettle on, I'm on my way over.

Slightly more seriously though, could I get a similar effect by just stacking? I've been keeping an eye out for cheap Memory Toys to stack.