Delay and reverb in one pedal ?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    samzadgan said:
    Shark_Eyes;373306" said:
    I really want a Disaster Transport senior now, but I've already got two delays on my board.
    Got one a couple of weeks ago...damn its good...and easy to use.

Definitely a keeper
    Put the kettle on, I'm on my way over.

Slightly more seriously though, could I get a similar effect by just stacking? I've been keeping an eye out for cheap Memory Toys to stack.

no...

the way it feeds the first delay into the next has a mix control but also there is a weird routing for modulation being after the reverb or something like (it sounds good whatever it is)...also the best thing about this pedal is Trails!

so the middle footswitch is for engaging the pedal, then the other 2 footswitches are for each delay...if you leave the middle one on and switch off one of the delays, it will trail out the delay. It only completely switches off everything when you turn off the middle footswich. Not sure if explained properly...but the feature is really...really useable!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgan said:
    samzadgan said:
    Shark_Eyes;373306" said:
    I really want a Disaster Transport senior now, but I've already got two delays on my board.

Definitely a keeper

Slightly more seriously though, could I get a similar effect by just stacking? I've been keeping an eye out for cheap Memory Toys to stack.

no...

the way it feeds the first delay into the next has a mix control but also there is a weird routing for modulation being after the reverb or something like (it sounds good whatever it is)...also the best thing about this pedal is Trails!

so the middle footswitch is for engaging the pedal, then the other 2 footswitches are for each delay...if you leave the middle one on and switch off one of the delays, it will trail out the delay. It only completely switches off everything when you turn off the middle footswich. Not sure if explained properly...but the feature is really...really useable!

This was the exact opposite of what I wanted to hear.

So if I understand right you can have it on without any delay and still get the trails, but if you bypass it then you get zero trails?
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 473
    When any of you guys decide to sell one, I'll have it ;-)
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Shark_Eyes;373769" said:
    samzadgan said:

Shark_Eyes said:

samzadgan said:

Shark_Eyes;373306" said:I really want a Disaster Transport senior now, but I've already got two delays on my board.

Definitely a keeper

no... the way it feeds the first delay into the next has a mix control but also there is a weird routing for modulation being after the reverb or something like (it sounds good whatever it is)...also the best thing about this pedal is Trails!so the middle footswitch is for engaging the pedal, then the other 2 footswitches are for each delay...if you leave the middle one on and switch off one of the delays, it will trail out the delay. It only completely switches off everything when you turn off the middle footswich. Not sure if explained properly...but the feature is really...really useable!

This was the exact opposite of what I wanted to hear.

So if I understand right you can have it on without any delay and still get the trails, but if you bypass it then you get zero trails?
    Yep...thats the whole of it.
  •  I've now bought the Z-Cat Reverb/Delay and will report back in due course.  

Might keep the MS70 as even though it colours your signal, it does so in a nice way.  If you are not using very clean tones, it  has some amazing tricks up its sleeve.
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
  • Z-Cat reverb + delay is top quality and good value. Unfortunately does not work in my effects loop.  

On the board, great tone and range is more than enough - from subtle through to crazy. 

Slight colouration of the overall signal, but that could be the accumulation of an unbuffered, if true by-pass throughout, signal chain (currently Plutoneium Chi Wah, Snark tuner, Klonpressor, Eternity and Z-Cat).

One thing I did notice though was that reverb reduces cut-through in the mix.  That was a new one on me.
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau