What's Hot
koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4170

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Ramparte

Anyone like this as much as me ?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ROOGROOG Frets: 559

Yes I do,

Its got that 50's radiogram thing go'in on!

Did I just say that out loud?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2043
    Yep - I like the look of that, though would prefer at least a tone control if not a full eq range... Wonder whether it'll be the same in £ as it is in $..? Wouldn't surprise me. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Seems an odd power rating to go for though; surely nine valve Watts will be too loud to crank at home but not loud enough to even rehearse with a drummer, let alone gig? :s
    edited August 2013
    IanSavage said:
    Seems an odd power rating to go for though; surely nine valve Watts will be too loud to crank at home but not loud enough to even rehearse with a drummer, let alone gig? :s

Aye, for me it would be helpful to have a built in 'power soak' like the Tone king whatsit and as you say some EQ would be kind of nice. Did it say how many $$$?

Edit: just spotted it: $399

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    they look nice but is this other combo that would be horrendously loud at home but not loud enough for gigging? At first glance I thought there were just the two knobs and you could blend them to taste which seeemed quite exciting whereas it is a two input system which isn't as exciting TBH. Still, that covering sure is pretty.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 

In fairness, I was basing my initial opinion on looks alone, I'm easily taken in by a badge and good looks :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I love the looks, not so sold on the feature set just yet - that said, there's some nice mods out there already for the Excelsior so....?
  • I've rehearsed with a horrendously loud drummer with my 5 watt mooer into a 2x10 cab. With relatively inefficient speakers, too...

9 watts is fine for smaller gigs if you run it flat out I reckon. Obviously limits the tonal range more... But might sound ace as a clean practice amp, too.

I want them to do a cheaper version of the metal amp (machete?). They used to do the Fender heavy metal but it was pretty terrible!
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13572
    IanSavage said:
    you never heard my Matamp did you..................... 7 of the loudest fecking watts in christendom

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    Thems Yorkshire watts.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2378
    not sure on the looks. part of me thinks it looks nice, part thinks it looks horrendous.

Also not sure of the wisdom of having what appears to be reasonably high gain with no master volume... or tone controls at all.

it also sounds dearish. that's dearer than the excelsior- which did have some problems, but if you were lucky and got one without problems it was really very nice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tele69tele69 Frets: 198
    I like it - looks great! Very old school
  • I like it. Thinks it looks really cool.

Fender are putting some really cool stuff out at the moment (some naff stuff too mind) :)
  • Looks like they're doing a new little Champion too which looks like a great home amp:

Couple of DRRI special editions too
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4189
    edited September 2013
    Pretty sure that one's just an all-blonde version rather than an updated one?

They've finally made a DRRI head as well btw!
    In a rather distracted moment I watched a YouTube demo ( rob and chappers isn't it?)of the ramparte. If you bought one of these clearly the thing to do is budget for an ABY pedal ( unless there is an easier/ cheaper way?) as its the combination of the two channels that seems to bring it to life. DKY Fender didn't build it that way.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    ^ I watched that clip too, I thought it sounded dreadful. I like a bit of Neil Young style ragged-amp-glory too, but that thing just sounds like shite. IMO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've changed my mind, I no longer like the looks, or the spec :\
    dindude;64641" said:
    ^ I watched that clip too, I thought it sounded dreadful. I like a bit of Neil Young style ragged-amp-glory too, but that thing just sounds like shite. IMO.
    I thought it sounded fairly awful until they did the Y at which point it sounded okay. Given the number of variables in listening to a YouTube clip I was prepared to assume okay would be quite nice in the flesh.
  • Interesting concept.  Looks like and old transistor radio and manages to sound like you are playing through one too.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.