New Fender amp

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I love the look, and as a home amp think it's probably great, although not a fan of the channel idea.

I guess they're going for more of a home/recording amp with these, since they look so nice you wouldn't mind having it in your living room.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13572
    the_jaffa said:
     which looks like a great home amp:

if your home looks weird

:D
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    bertie;64793" said:
    the_jaffa said:

which looks like a great home amp:

if your home looks weird

:D
    finally found the amp for me then B-)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72716
    I watched the Sweetwater clip and it sounds awful.

I could be wrong but I get the impression there are two channels, each with its own volume control and that's it - the 'hot' channel seems to have a preset amount of gain. It would make far more sense to me if the channels were in series, so the 'cool' channel just had a volume control and the 'hot' fed into it with *both* controls working. Still, if it sounds like that I wouldn't want it anyway...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Gotta say...even with the most vintage-tone-tolerant listening I can muster, this thing sounds like absolute shite. Fender seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel in their desperation to make something appealing.

What the hell's wrong with making a budget/low-power version of the Machete? That thing sounded awesome in ways that I never expected to hear from a Fender amp.
    <space for hire>
  • digitalscream;64857" said:
    Gotta say...even with the most vintage-tone-tolerant listening I can muster, this thing sounds like absolute shite. Fender seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel in their desperation to make something appealing.

What the hell's wrong with making a budget/low-power version of the Machete? That thing sounded awesome in ways that I never expected to hear from a Fender amp.
    Oh my god, I've played that once because the shop put the wrong price tag of 400 on it and I thought it was the only amp that could hold a light to my faves (rockerverb, 6505+, laney gh50). If they did a cheaper version...

50 watts of Chinese fender metal. :p I actually don't really mind that it's only super expensive, it's not the typical fender amp...
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

£400???!??!?!!!! It would've been worth not paying the rent that month, if only to flip it on eBay for twice as much.
    <space for hire>
  • digitalscream;64869" said:
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

£400???!??!?!!!! It would've been worth not paying the rent that month, if only to flip it on eBay for twice as much.
    I literally went to buy it! Then they said, oh, that price tag was from the blues junior or whatever it was next to it...