Who's tried a ...

What's Hot

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I had a Micro Pog.  It was great fun and the tracking on it is basically spot on, even for chords, so long as it sees the guitar signal first.  If you want an octave pedal without all the glitchy tracking issues that many of the older and mono ones have a Pog is a good choice.
    Is it really that good? The only polyphonic octaver I've ever come across that worked properly was the Moprheus Droptune - tracking in dropped octave mode was absolutely perfect, and it handled chords the way it handled everything...simply a digital downtune.

I could really do with something that does an octave down (plus the dry signal), but I'm hesitant to spend the money on a Micro POG without hearing any decent demos of that mode (which I haven't found as yet).
    The Micro Pog is great. If you want I can record a quick sample of it with just octave down and dry signal. Might need a couple of days though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28014
    The Micro Pog is great. If you want I can record a quick sample of it with just octave down and dry signal. Might need a couple of days though.
    That'd be awesome - what I'm after is mainly low-end chord stuff (bottom two strings, power chords between 0 and 5 frets) and then solo stuff on the top three strings from fret 10 upwards. If you could arrange that, there will be a beer or two waiting for you if we ever end up in the same watering hole :)
    <space for hire>
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    I had a Micro Pog.  It was great fun and the tracking on it is basically spot on, even for chords, so long as it sees the guitar signal first.  If you want an octave pedal without all the glitchy tracking issues that many of the older and mono ones have a Pog is a good choice.
    Is it really that good? The only polyphonic octaver I've ever come across that worked properly was the Moprheus Droptune - tracking in dropped octave mode was absolutely perfect, and it handled chords the way it handled everything...simply a digital downtune.

I could really do with something that does an octave down (plus the dry signal), but I'm hesitant to spend the money on a Micro POG without hearing any decent demos of that mode (which I haven't found as yet).
    My understanding is that it's not tracking it's doing a fixed pitch shift so other than the shimmering artifacts of the shifting algorithm it will shift anything.
    That'd be awesome - what I'm after is mainly low-end chord stuff (bottom two strings, power chords between 0 and 5 frets) and then solo stuff on the top three strings from fret 10 upwards. If you could arrange that, there will be a beer or two waiting for you if we ever end up in the same watering hole :)

No problem. I'll have a go. So you want it with just dry and octave down about the same level?

I suspose if I'm going to do this I should also show the dry plus octave up, and octave down plus dry plus octave up.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28014

No problem. I'll have a go. So you want it with just dry and octave down about the same level?

I suspose if I'm going to do this I should also show the dry plus octave up, and octave down plus dry plus octave up.

Yup - I'd only ever use it for the -1 and dry, but you're right...most people would want a couple of other combinations. I don't want to be too demanding, though, since you're doing me a massive favour here :)
    <space for hire>
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1641

i can vouch for the micro pog too. Was surprised how good it is. Sold the Hog when i realised i only really used it for Poglike octaving

JohnPerry said:
    i can vouch for the micro pog too. Was surprised how good it is. Sold the Hog when i realised i only really used it for Poglike octaving
    I first had a Micro Pog, which I loved, but I sold it to get a Pog 2...then I realised it just took up too much space and all I needed was a Micro Pog...so back I went.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7973
    Just remembered about this Micro Pog video, probably the weirdest serious pedal demo I've seen.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 390
    Cool thread, ok , who's tried an EP Booster in the loop (of a MkV ??) ? 

• daveyhdaveyh Frets: 702
    r_peggio said:
    Catalinbread RAH anyone?
    A Page nut ex-student of mine had one. He loved it, was using it through a Vox Valvetronix amp. I tried it through a Blackstar HT5 and totally did not see the point.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1641
    Earthquaker Sea Machine?

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Despite owning a Tim I want to try a good old Boss SD1 through my JCM800.

An SD-1 into a DSL (ok not exactly a JCM800) give a nice smooth gain/volume boost. Think along the lines of Santana. For adding more grit, less smooth gain/volume boost try a Bad Monkey. 2 of the cheapest O/D pedals getting praise.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    I'd have said a BM was smoother than an SD1. Or at least smoother than my cheapo daphon SD1 clone :)) The BM is probably closer to a TS than an SD1 is. I know I can dial in a virtually identical tone to my Joyo TS clone with my Bad Monkey, whereas the SD1 clone, while it's not a million miles away and probably in the same ballpark, doesn't quite sound the same.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5902
    That Rufus sounds great, I may yet choose a Fuzz Pedal.

Cheers for the heads up.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Dave_Mc said:
    I'd have said a BM was smoother than an SD1. Or at least smoother than my cheapo daphon SD1 clone :)) The BM is probably closer to a TS than an SD1 is. I know I can dial in a virtually identical tone to my Joyo TS clone with my Bad Monkey, whereas the SD1 clone, while it's not a million miles away and probably in the same ballpark, doesn't quite sound the same.
    I've tried mine back-to-back and found the SD-1 smoother. I'll have a try between a BM/SD-1/DS-1 and whatever else I have lying around and do a shoot out between them. I had similar settings on the BM and SD-1 too....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

tFB Trader

Cheers for the heads up.
    If you get one let me know how you get on. 
    That or a velvet has got me very tempted. 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    mike_l said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    I've tried mine back-to-back and found the SD-1 smoother. I'll have a try between a BM/SD-1/DS-1 and whatever else I have lying around and do a shoot out between them. I had similar settings on the BM and SD-1 too....
    Interesting.

I'm not sure I have similar settings, I have them set to do the same job. the sd1 clone seems to have a bit less boost with the gain at minimum so I have the gain on it at maybe 8 o'clock whereas the gain is at minimum on the BM.

I still reckon the BM is smoother but I'll have to try them again to see :))

Cheers for the heads up.
    I will, but you know what I'm like at making a decision on anything.

:D
    tFB Trader

Cheers for the heads up.
    I will, but you know what I'm like at making a decision on anything.

:D
    Just buy one and sell it to me if you don't like it :)
    monquixote said: Bellycaster said: monquixote said: Bellycaster said: That Rufus sounds great, I may yet choose a Fuzz Pedal.
    Cheers for the heads up. If you get one let me know how you get on. That or a velvet has got me very tempted.  I will, but you know what I'm like at making a decision on anything.

:D Just buy one and sell it to me if you don't like it :) Some of the demos are great, Pete Thorn's and Prymaxe Vintage sound great but I swear I can get close to
    some of it's tones with the VFE Scream(TS type) going into the Blue Bogner. It must have a lot of versatility though. It seems like a Fuzz/Fuzzy O.D pedal, but then again, the more tones the merrier. I have heard some of the sounds I've had in mind from it, so it looks on the cards.

I was looking at a Scott Mckeon fuzz, but not many really comprehensive demos out there like there are for the Suhr.

I'll sleep on it.

B-)