Small valve combo

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I'm not a fan of the Blackstar sound I find it very bland!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27747
    edited June 2014
    I found my VC15 was absolutely fine at home.much less "hair trigger" volume than the VC30
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    ICBM said:
    timmysoft said:
    I should probably mention that the stuff I'm recording for the solo project is kind of anywhere from weezer to mastodon. Any other amps I should be checking out?
    Mesa Trem-o-verb.

:)
    Thought you hated these?   ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysoft;255390" said:
    Seems to record well though, and allows silent practice.

I don't find it bland, a bit dark but easily brightened with an eq pedal.

That said, a jet city combo is still my pick for your criteria :) you can easily get one and replace the cheapo speaker in it. It won't have fender cleans, but it'll sound nice I reckon.
    timmysoft;255390" said:
    Seems to record well though, and allows silent practice.

I don't find it bland, a bit dark but easily brightened with an eq pedal.

That said, a jet city combo is still my pick for your criteria :) you can easily get one and replace the cheapo speaker in it. It won't have fender cleans, but it'll sound nice I reckon.

I'm just not keen on the core Blackstar tone, it's a bit nothingy to my ears. I'm leaning towards the laney cub12 or the ibanez tsa15 at the moment
  • mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
    I'm selling a Koch Studiotone which is geared for the studio with emulated output, direct out, headphone out & speaker mute... It has 2 channels and a gain boost
    Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
    mrn1989 said:
    I'm selling a Koch Studiotone which is geared for the studio with emulated output, direct out, headphone out & speaker mute... It has 2 channels and a gain boost

Gotta shift my marshall half stack before I purchase anything
  • Not sure if you're sorted or not, but I've got a 4W MATAMP valve which I used in my home studio with an Axetrak, which is a speaker in a box with a microphone and an XLR output. Means you can play loud without disturbing the neighbours or di'ing. If you're interested, drop me a message.
  • jackiojackio Frets: 148
    Have you considered the fender scxd champ? I have just leant mine to my cousin, I changed the stock speaker to a weber ceramic blue from Watford valves. It's cheap and great, small, not boxy, great blackface clean and crunches up well. I miss it...
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    If your at all a Marshall fan then maybe a DSL5C - 5 watts can be turned down to 1 watt, has emulated output. Have to wade through the on line demos though because most of them sound truely terrible (the Andertons one is the best), but I can testify that in person it's a great little Marshall. Does clean and hi gain and use pedals for the in between bits.