Guitar wheeler dealer project - you tube channel

What's Hot

Comments

• This is how I’ve acquired a small collection (four or five) of nice guitars. Some on here would paint me as the devil incarnate for doing so, having had a barrage of abuse by PM as recently as Friday. Happy days! But once I’ve sold one of McCartys (or traded and likely traded on), I intend to stop buying. Intend to...

If people are selling for a price they’re happy to sell for, good luck to you. I’d watch!
    From what I gather from the comments last week , you lucked out on a guitar on Ebay and offered it up on here at the going rate after deciding it wasn’t for you. I can’t see a problem with that tbh.

Not that my opinion counts for much but it’s the other way round that grates my gears . A lot of us sell cheaper on here to other members of the community , not just because most people here are reliable but because a lot of us like passing on bargains amongst ourselves hoping we’d benefit from something similar down the line plus it breeds the community feel of the place.

It’s the guys that buy cheap on here then flip the guitar elsewhere at an instant profit that need to be outed. It’s hardly genius business sense , they are just taking advantage of people’s good intentions on here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    This is how ... happy to sell for, good luck to you. I’d watch!
    It’s the guys that buy cheap on here then flip the guitar elsewhere at an instant profit that need to be outed. It’s hardly genius business sense , they are just taking advantage of people’s good intentions on here.

It takes two to tango.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, it’s happened folks!!!
    I did it, made my first guitar purchase. 
    I’ll post links to YouTube and reverb here and I’ll also list it for sale on here as long as folks don’t mind me using the forum as a platform. 
    Exciting times!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2250
    This is how I’ve acquired a small collection (four or five) of nice guitars. Some on here would paint me as the devil incarnate for doing so, having had a barrage of abuse by PM as recently as Friday. Happy days! But once I’ve sold one of McCartys (or traded and likely traded on), I intend to stop buying. Intend to...

If people are selling for a price they’re happy to sell for, good luck to you. I’d watch!
    I do the exact same thing in reverse. Losing money on every transaction. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7 said:
    This is how I’ve acquired a small collection (four or five) of nice guitars. Some on here would paint me as the devil incarnate for doing so, having had a barrage of abuse by PM as recently as Friday. Happy days! But once I’ve sold one of McCartys (or traded and likely traded on), I intend to stop buying. Intend to...

Sounds like you are exactly the kind of guy I’m looking for to do business with!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12593
    Fishboy7 said:

Hey its dudes like us that keep the second hand guitar market going, some of us have to take the hit so people can keep winning!
  • munckee said:
    Fishboy7 said:

Hey its dudes like us that keep the second hand guitar market going, some of us have to take the hit so people can keep winning!
    Hey I get it, trust me I’ve sold some stuff super cheap over the years. 
    The 12 string rickenbacker for £650
    the custom shop framus for £600
    thr best strat I’ve ever played for £325
    gibson SG for £400
    all heart breaking and big losses. That framus and the strat still bring a tear to my eye. 
  • https://youtu.be/hmzSKvwbaW0
    YouTube and reverb links. If you are interested in a guitar I’ll always do a better deal to fretboarders. 
  • Alternatively, you could just follow me around for a few months... ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11527
    Alternatively, you could just follow me around for a few months... ;)

Do you ever sell them though?
  • Hi all
    little back story. I’ve worked with guitars most of my life. I started as Saturday boy in a local store, went on to managing the store, left to train as a luthier, worked as a guitar repair and teched on tour for some “big” acts. I now no longer work in the industry and enjoy guitars more than ever.
    I'd be more interested in watching videos about this.

But with regards to the wheeler dealers approach - I say give it a go. What's the worst that can happen?
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    Will you plug them in and give a demo. How does it sound?
  • JAYJO said:
    In future videos I will do something. I plan on doing a short track on garage band or something. I didn’t this time as I underestimated the time involved, wanted to get it out quickly and everyone knows what a strat sounds like don’t they. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7027
    JAYJO said:
    In future videos I will do something. I plan on doing a short track on garage band or something. I didn’t this time as I underestimated the time involved, wanted to get it out quickly and everyone knows what a strat sounds like don’t they
    Literally the only reason anyone would be watching the videos and/or buying your gear would be hearing them. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I think it'd be rather good if, along the process, you document the problems each instrument has and give a tutorial on how to rectify those problems. Could end up being a really good series that way.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I like the idea of this, I try to tell myself (and my wife) that i deal up to all my guitars but truth be known I'm still  probably at a loss if I had the actual figures.

I might give it a go too and see what I can trade up to, just sold an old arch top that I bought for £20 for £95 on eBay so I'll start with that. :)
  • I like the idea of this, I try to tell myself (and my wife) that i deal up to all my guitars but truth be known I'm still  probably at a loss if I had the actual figures.

I might give it a go too and see what I can trade up to, just sold an old arch top that I bought for £20 for £95 on eBay so I'll start with that. :)
    Im sure I should lay claim to a cut of the end profit as artistic royalties or something???
    wouldnt it be awesome if we did a deal together at some point too??? 
    As for indicating problems, I did that in this video. pointed outblemishes and other bits. This guita didn’t have much wrong at all but in future, who knows. 

Im sure I should lay claim to a cut of the end profit as artistic royalties or something???
    As for indicating problems, I did that in this video. pointed outblemishes and other bits. This guita didn’t have much wrong at all but in future, who knows. 
    If I manage to unearth Claptons "Beano" for £150 i'll give you a drink out of it! ;)

Not watched your vid yet but i'll have a look tonight, I don't plan on blogging/vlogging (wouldn't know how if I wanted too) but I could start a little running thread on here, who know's, we might have a deal.

"Hold out yer hand!" etc... :)

If I manage to unearth Claptons "Beano" for £150 i'll give you a drink out of it! ;)

Not watched your vid yet but i'll have a look tonight, I don't plan on blogging/vlogging (wouldn't know how if I wanted too) but I could start a little running thread on here, who know's, we might have a deal.

"Hold out yer hand!" etc... :)
    Well the blogging thing I did cos I hoped my brother would take care of it all, turns out he can’t be arsed!!! But then I thought it’s the ultimate way to promote a guitar. Someone asks for more pics and I can send them to a video of me pulling the guitar apart, showing inside and every blemish and then they can hear it played but actually what has happened is people have just been asking questions that are answered repeatedly in the video so either aren’t watching it or are too stupid to remember the details in it. 
    It also ads a different dimension to just me trying to get my hands on a great guitar for little out lay and the vids should get more interesting as I go along and get better at it. 
  • gazrichardsgazrichards Frets: 691
    New video coming soon - I’m now onto guitar number 3 (in 8 days!!!)