Guitar wheeler dealer project - you tube channel

What's Hot

Comments

• gazrichardsgazrichards Frets: 691
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1343
    in the same theme a paper clip to a house ! 

a new pack of strings to a usa prs anyone?

• danny_777danny_777 Frets: 662
    I thikn trading woudl be more enjoyable to watch (thikn One Red Paperclip-style) as opposed to just flipping bargains for profit (which I'm not sure would make for particularly compelling viewing, and might leave people feeling like mugs).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    danny_777 said:
    I thikn trading woudl be more enjoyable to watch (thikn One Red Paperclip-style) as opposed to just flipping bargains for profit (which I'm not sure would make for particularly compelling viewing, and might leave people feeling like mugs).
    I haven’t flipped anything for profit, I’ve traded up a cheaper guitar for a more expensive one. I’m not selling the final deal. 
    Everyone I’ve traded with was very happy. 
    In the interests of transparency this is what I’ve done. 
    Purchased the deluxe strat at £310. It was an unused guitar, stored under their bed, unplayed in years. They were happy with the cash they got. 
    I traded in a swap for the classic player Strat. He also threw in a cheap Chinese reverb pedal. This guitar sell at £500/500 usually. There is one on the classifieds here for £500 I think (but it’s unsold so far). 
    I then swapped this for a charvel dk24. He was advertising this at £550. He had changed the bridge pickup but threw in the original SD too. 

In both guitar trades I think The owners hadn’t bonded with the guitars and wanted to try something else, I met them halfway or went to them to do the deal and both are very happy. 
    For £310 I have a charvel dk24 which I really like, a cheap reverb pedal that I’ll keep and a SD humbucker that I’ll sell for £40/£50. 
    I would say I have a very nice guitar that I like for maybe £250/275 after factoring in fuel etc. Time isn’t important to me really in this case. I’m happy, the other parties are happy. 
    I haven’t done super wheeler dealing but it was my first go and I’ve learned a few things. 
    The videos are rubbish but I’m still learning, I’ll do better next time and I think the next series should be more interesting. Keep watching, it’s coming soon!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    You're up to dk24 with no extra spend already?
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I wasn't going to comment how'ver......... 
     To say you're some jolly chap ensuring everyone is happy and getting a fair deal is not exactly true. 

You offered this guitar against my usa tele, and stated it was worth the same as mine.
    ,That's not the case tho is it? As its clear from this thread you fully knew the mex strat was a good 250 to 300 less in value. 

If you were actuslly being honest when I asked you how much your strat was worth you would have said to me:
     "it's not worth the same as yours and I'm doing an experiment so see how far I can progress upetc.
    What you did do was state they were worth the same via text, and then in my own thread state I was wrong in my pricing  and that the tele was" hanging around for a while with no takers " which again it wasn't, as it had only been up 2 days. 

So yes I'm happy you got the guitar you wanted but you were 100% pulling some standard lowballers slimy tactics. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    King85 said:
    Not sure if that’s sarcasm or not!!!
     To say you're some jolly chap ensuring everyone is happy and getting a fair deal is not exactly true. 

You offered this guitar against my usa tele, and stated it was worth the same as mine.
    ,That's not the case tho is it? As its clear from this thread you fully knew the mex strat was a good 250 to 300 less in value. 

If you were actuslly being honest when I asked you how much your strat was worth you would have said to me:
     "it's not worth the same as yours and I'm doing an experiment so see how far I can progress upetc.
    What you did do was state they were worth the same via text, and then in my own thread state I was wrong in my pricing  and that the tele was" hanging around for a while with no takers " which again it wasn't, as it had only been up 2 days. 

So yes I'm happy you got the guitar you wanted but you were 100% pulling some standard lowballers slimy tactics. 

I think you have a warped perception of both our dealings and guitar values. 
    Firstly, I sent you a picture of a guitar. Then it’s up to you to say if you are interested in it or not. You seemed interested so I said I place the value fairly even to yours. You then reacted as if I’d asked to come over and bang your wife as well as take your guitar!!! A normal person would say “that’s not a deal I’m interested in thanks”
    also, I’m not so daft or cheeky as to offer a low value guitar for a high value guitar. If my aim was to swap squire for custom shop I’m not about to buy a squire and offer it to every custom shop guitar owner out there in straight swap. Some guitars the same as yours were selling at a value similar to prices other people were offering mine out as so I thought I ask the question.  
    You were always free to say no!!!!
    I will hold my hands up to the error regarding how long your guitar had been in sale for. I thought it had been around for a while as I’d seen it had been bumped a few times and I thought forum rules say you can’t bump more than once every 48 hours or something??? 

I think your suggestion that I’m not interested in my “clients” happiness is a little rude and unfair. I’ve had no complaints from any of them yet I even text one today to say thanks and he said he was happy with our exchange and was enjoying his new guitar. No one was held up against a wall or anything!!! Some people like to swap guitars they arent happy with for other ones and the potential value of the instrument isn’t the ultimate factor. During this project I’m not really interested in anything about the guitar other than if I can move it on to another person, the difficult part is finding the right person, it seems I got it wrong with you!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    King85 said:
    No I'm serious, if you have I'm really impressed.
    King85 said:
    King85 said:
    No I'm serious, if you have I'm really impressed.
    Yep!!! Exactly as described plus about 2 hours driving time (once on the way to a band practice anyway and once my mrs came along and we had a nice lunch so all good!!)
  • danny_777danny_777 Frets: 662

Case in point.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Well done! You'll be at a cs in no time
  • horsehorse Frets: 1597

Did this bit make it into the video? "Lowball Diaries" could be a winner I reckon
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 961
    edited March 2020
    Still not answered if the final guitar might be auctioned for charity or if solely for personal gain, and for that reason, I'm out!
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Grampa said:
    And still not answered if the final guitar might be auctioned for charity, and for that reason, I'm out!
    Are you going to sell one of your guitars for charity? 
    Remember that’s was your idea and not mine. It’s not as if I’ve misled folks and said that was part of the plan  all along and then gone back on it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 961
    Personal gain then, thanks for confirming. Still out.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
    Grampa said:
    Personal gain then, thanks for confirming. Still out.
    Don’t ever go on the classifieds here then, you’ll shit a brick!!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1034
    So are you the Arthur Dailey of the guitar world?  =). Got a nice little runner for you! 
    “Ken sent me.”
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited March 2020
    I will hold my hands up to the error regarding how long your guitar had been in sale for. I thought it had been around for a while as I’d seen it had been bumped a few times and I thought forum rules say you can’t bump more than once every 48 hours or something??? 

I think your suggestion that I’m not interested in my “clients” happiness is a little rude and unfair. I’ve had no complaints from any of them yet I even text one today to say thanks and he said he was happy with our exchange and was enjoying his new guitar. No one was held up against a wall or anything!!! Some people like to swap guitars they arent happy with for other ones and the potential value of the instrument isn’t the ultimate factor. During this project I’m not really interested in anything about the guitar other than if I can move it on to another person, the difficult part is finding the right person, it seems I got it wrong with you!

So you hold your hands up but  it's my fault? it was bumped more than it should have been?....... Erm it wasn't, 

All you're interested in is moving the guitar on not if the person you're trading with is getting a fair deal if they don't know about guitars? ...... So again more like a bedroom seller. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom