Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Chappers got a belt sander

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6418
    Number 25
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1112
    The more I read and learn about this guy, the more I feel sorry for him.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19393
    I am pretty marmite about a lot of relics every once in a while I see a really well done old looking Strat or Tele and go yeah. These are seldom done by the custom shop and usually either by a dedicated enthusiast or someone who does it for a living and as said they are sympathetic realistic and the whole thing looks right. 

These are just so fake and awful. The very badly done photoshop promo of the post-apocalyptic Lumber Jack WTF.  

I also not really sure if the young market wants modern style guitars to look fake road-worn fine if you a replicating an old Fender or Gibson to an effect it was built in the 50's or 60's or is like your idols battered road dog.

So after the Mea Culpa video if Chappers new strategy is now let the product speak for me then it says it all. 

Fake and partially chewed up and spat out by Vermin 

Fully on-brand message there. lol
    Hi, if you were referring to my post as the  '... very badly done photoshop promo of the post-apocalyptic Lumber Jack.'
    It was a joke, an ironic throwaway post in the light hearted bantering way that the thread was going at the time.
    PS I didn't create it either, so don't shoot the messenger 
    ;) :)  Cheers. 
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    If they wanted to see what a real world reliced chapman looks like they should have checked out the guitar center in Manhattan, never seen so many badly damaged guitars hanging in a store.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AnacharsisAnacharsis Frets: 200
    edited February 2020
    I don't have any issue with relics. Clearly, many people like them. I think they're kind of hilarious, but live and let live. These are especially funny.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • When I sprayed my "Frankentele" and couldn't be bothered waiting for the paint to harden but put it together anyway, it ended up a bit like that. If I then took it out for a walk in the fields with the dog and let her fetch it a few times I reckon it would look identical.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I have the antidote to all this relic bullshit.

There are just thousands of videos like this on the toob. Put it on your big telly, sit back and relax, and be cured of all this vintage relic shite once and for all...

https://youtu.be/sonqwtHyUJA
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    He's still got plenty of fans left who'll buy them despite his recent embarrassing "truth" videos.
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4180
    edited February 2020
    Sassafras said:
    He's still got plenty of fans left who'll buy them despite his recent embarrassing "truth" videos.
    14 year old male DnD players who worship their "Monkey Lord". I guess there's a few of those.
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 491
    tony99 said:
    These chipped chappers aren’t cheap
    been gnawing at it with his choppers
    This is possibly the funniest thing I've read in the last 5 years or so. I'm still giggling.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    johnl said:
    I honestly can't get over the state of them. How did they look at that and go "yep, this one's ready to go out the door"
    That's what they said about the ones they were going to relic, assuming the door was on a moving car.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7352
    impmann said:
    Thats not relic.

Thats lack of paint adhesion.
    one way to reuse all the rejects...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    So much so that they had to get some more stock to Birmingham for the Sunday show.

Some lad who bought one swung by the stand I was working on and I gave it quick look over.  I know I'm going to get flamed on here because I'm not supposed to say this; but, it was a nice guitar irrespective of which name was on the headstock.  The guy got a great guitar for under £500.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I reckon it was just rats in the warehouse, judging by some of the pictures.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2475
    edited March 2020
    Sassafras said:
    So much so that they had to get some more stock to Birmingham for the Sunday show.

Some lad who bought one swung by the stand I was working on and I gave it quick look over.  I know I'm going to get flamed on here because I'm not supposed to say this; but, it was a nice guitar irrespective of which name was on the headstock.  The guy got a great guitar for under £500.
    I thought the "relics" were selling for £1500? £500 for the shoddy relic work on display is marginally more palatable.
    Tim
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 741
    Chapman Guitars have just uploaded a behind the scenes video, profiling the team behind their awesome relic work:

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10412

Roy's at the door. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom