Lovely looking guitar, not one for the pub gig maybe?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
edited February 2020 in Guitar
OK, I appreciate that there will be many haters, probably more than like it, but I think this is a superb looking guitar. I put it in that category that if I was rich and had loads of space I'd have hit the buy button by now.

Mayones Hydra Elite Headless

3reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I like that a lot. I'd play it in a pub gig... probably only once though; by the end of the night I'd be so sick of all the stupid questions ("Couldn't afford a proper guitar then?", "When are you picking up the rest of it?" etc) that I'd be about ready to stab someone with it! :lol:
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2475
    Absolutely love it!
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • where do you buy that, toys r us? just kidding
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    That finish is beautiful!
  • I'd like that a lot more if it wasn't for the big chunk missing at the bridge. 
  • Don't think I would go as far as to say I like it, not my cup o tea at all...but, if you were in the kind of band that could get away with something like that it would be pretty cool.

Certainly not boring. 
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2250
    Looks like a desert
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    Totally stunning.  Proper amazballs.
  • I like that a lot. I'd play it in a pub gig... probably only once though; by the end of the night I'd be so sick of all the stupid questions ("Couldn't afford a proper guitar then?", "When are you picking up the rest of it?" etc) that I'd be about ready to stab someone with it! :lol:
    I've got a Strandberg which is not quite as pretty...and yes, I can guarantee you'd get all of those questions  =) Every single time  you take it out. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 642
    I do actually quite like it but still think it would look better with a headstock
  • Yep - absolutely love that...
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 642
    I like it as well
  • “Here mate your head stock’s fallen off” 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3726
    Not my cup of tea exactly (and whenever I've tried a headless guitar or bass every time I look at the neck I mentally adjust for the lack of a headstock by moving up 2 frets) but, if it were, I'd play it down the pub.

What's the point of owning a nice guitar if you don't use it? (for me 'using' it means either playing live or recording, not just playing on my own).
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Got nothing against headless guitars but that looks a mess. Like they changed their minds halfway through.
  • Musicwolf said:

......(for me 'using' it means either playing live or recording, not just playing on my own).

Why's that?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23653
    I'm sure it's a great guitar and it looks good, but I don't like the black bit in the middle of the sunburst.  If would look better in pale pink/violet or left natural - and you'd be able to see the pickups and bridge too.
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1655
    One for the blues jams! Anything that irritates a purist works for me  =)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I've got a Strandberg which is not quite as pretty...and yes, I can guarantee you'd get all of those questions  =) Every single time  you take it out. 
    I quite fancy a Strandberg... way out of my price range at the moment though! How do you like yours?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• LogieLogie Frets: 445
    I think there are some great modern designs coming out at the moment. Not sure my crusty old blues licks would sit in harmony with them though. It'd look a bit odd whacking out Sweet Home Alabama on that in my local