Lovely looking guitar, not one for the pub gig maybe?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3726
    Musicwolf said:

......(for me 'using' it means either playing live or recording, not just playing on my own).

Why's that?

Probably poorly worded on my part.  Nothing wrong with playing for playing's sake but, if you do perform, then don't hold back by not using the good stuff for fear of it picking up a scratch.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1044
    I like that a lot. I'd play it in a pub gig... probably only once though; by the end of the night I'd be so sick of all the stupid questions ("Couldn't afford a proper guitar then?", "When are you picking up the rest of it?" etc) that I'd be about ready to stab someone with it! :lol:
    I've got a Strandberg which is not quite as pretty...and yes, I can guarantee you'd get all of those questions  =) Every single time  you take it out. 
    I quite fancy a Strandberg... way out of my price range at the moment though! How do you like yours?
    I love it, it's really comfy to play and has been really well thought out. The only thing I'm not 100% on are the Fishman pickups....sometimes I think they're great, sometimes I'm not convinced. They really work well with a band though - tight and punchy. And yeah, I won't be affording anything like that again for a long time!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 863
    axisus said:
    OK, I appreciate that there will be many haters, probably more than like it, but I think this is a superb looking guitar. I put it in that category that if I was rich and had loads of space I'd have hit the buy button by now.

Mayones Hydra Elite Headless

Is it a Shatocaster?  :)
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5010
    I hate the term "hater".
  • InactiveXInactiveX Frets: 295
    “Here mate your head stock’s fallen off” 

"No, it's supposed to be that way. It makes it easier to shove up you."
    Don’t follow influencers
    Watch the parking meters
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    I think if I had to name that finish, I'd go with Rancid Aubergine.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73068
    edited March 2020
    I like a lot of radical/futuristic designs, but I don't like that at all. The wood looks like it's got a disease - mostly because the spalting goes into the 'binding' - and the area under the tuners is a total mess... it either needs to be a simple flat shelf, or just not be there at all and the body outline follow the edge of the top.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Absolutely hideous. The finish on the body looks like something you'd find in a food waste bin.
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1420
    If I were in a prog death metal band, I'd be up for it..
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7026
    It's pretty much the most disgusting guitar I have ever seen. Only way it could be worse is with gold hardware. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Like some catastrophic face eating virus.
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    I don't hate it, it just simply isn't for me. But then I'm still struggling to come to terms with locking trems  :3    
  • I like that. Probably wouldn't enjoy playing it, but it's innovative and looks nicely made. 
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1497
    Not my thing at all, and I'm barely qualified to comment as a result. That said, it looks like a bruised arsehole.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 863
    Not my thing at all, and I'm barely qualified to comment as a result. That said, it looks like a bruised arsehole.
    Are you qualified to comment on bruised arseholes? I guess you are as it seems like an accurate diagnosis: )
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom