PSA - Bogner Ecstacy 3534 - IN STOCK!

What's Hot
newi123newi123 Frets: 868
Been watching these for a while showing as `on order` from Guitarguitar........... Literally paid off the last bit of my credit card last night, and today they show one in stock in B`Ham at £1899

Can someone please do me a favour and buy this before I have to have an awkward conversation with Mrs Newi123 about why we have had another large delivery, and we`re not getting the new woodburner she chose last weekend? 

Thanks in advance.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I'm so on the fence about buying one of these.  On paper it's my perfect amp, but £1899 is such a lot for what it is.  I'm guessing that one could be a return as they were last in stock a week ago before selling out.  Could be wrong though
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 868
    Didn`t see that last week.........

I`m exactly the same. Currently run a blue pedal into a 1987x, and whilst I`d really like one of these, it`s probably just for the sake of having it! 
    Tell you what.  You buy it give it a good workout then post a full and honest review than I'll get one later.  Like you, I don't 'need' one, but;

It appears to sound like a proper Ecstasy
    It's small and light
    It looks great

Heard reports of noisy effects loops on TGP which puts me off a bit
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    I can’t help you guys much here because I’ve got one and it’s just excellent. 

The loop does add a bit of noise on mine but honestly doesn’t notice once you start playing it.

I’m still trying to resist the temptation of the matching 1x12 cab! 
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 868
    CHrisP86 said:

The loop does add a bit of noise on mine but honestly doesn’t notice once you start playing it.

This does not help........
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1727
    CHrisP86 said:

Let's have have a proper review :D !!! 
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    CHrisP86 said:

Let's have have a proper review :D !!! 
    +1
    Rather than making general comments, anything specific you would like to know?
    CHrisP86 said:
    Rather than making general comments, anything specific you would like to know?
    Can you get a bit of breakup on the clean channel?
    does it sound like a full size xtc, particularly the blue channel?
    what other amps have you owned that the 3534 is better than?

some general comments would be great though

If you max the gain and eq, you do get a nice breakup on the green channel. This is something I think they could have gone further with but maybe he just wanted to keep it as a clean channel. It really is missing the plexi mode, but if that’s the sound you want, I think the Atma or Telos would be better for you.

I’ve not played the larger xtc.  The red channel is very similar to the Uberschall Twin Jet I had.

I like the 3534 more than the Uber and Shiva (regular and 20th).  I’ve had an Atma and actually think they are similar.

The Atma is brighter and the 3534 smoother and fuller sounding.

Generally the Blue channel is the most fun. It’s just a nice tone to play the classic rock riffs through.

Red has loads of gain. Easily enough for drop D riffing. I don’t play anything heavier but I reckon it could take it.

For me, the nice thing is just that it’s an easy amp to play. No battling with the eq to get a good sound.  It just sounds great. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for that Chris

The blue channel is certainly where I'd spend most of my time, and that's the important one for me.  Shame about the plexi mode would have maybe preferred a not so clean clean channel, but hardy a deal breaker.

If they were £900 Id have one already, they are just so much money for a 'little amp' but I'm weakening by the minute!
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 340
    Urgh this is ridiculously tempting.  Would you go for it over a Friedman Smallbox?
  • Blake Mansfield's demo's really don't help the GAS, FFS.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    edited March 2020
    Blake Mansfield's demo's really don't help the GAS, FFS.
    No it doesn't - sounds great
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_A said:
    Blake Mansfield's demo's really don't help the GAS, FFS.
    No it doesn't - sounds great
    It's okay, I just blasted half hour on the 800 and all is right with the world!

I was given advice a few months back to stick to the 800 instead of going with a clone or approximation and I'm really glad I did. For my needs, even at home, it's perfect. Granted, a nice 35w would be great if I gigged, but I don't, so I think I made the right choice :-)

Incidentally, Blake does some seriously good sounding demo's of his 2204, which in turn helped me decide to buy the 2203.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    Thing is that it isn’t a small amp, it’s just in a small shell.

I’ve only played the smaller Friedman heads. Found them a one (good) trick amp whereas the Bogner covers all those sounds and more in the Blue channel.

Blake’s demos did sell me on it as well, although in some ways I think the amp in the room is a bit more open whereas his demos are really saturated. 

I once A/B’d a DSL401 against a Friedman Runt.  I actually preferred the DSL. Marshall make some good amps. They just tend to either need to be used at arena volume or generally lack some practicality. 
    Agree, my 4010 is a 2203 in a different box and sounds fantastic.  I'm not gigging at the moment either which is convenient as it's the only thing stopping me spending £1900 :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1727
    Lovely demo right here: :) 

https://youtu.be/rMAN0FsT9Y8 

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • XTC is a monster amp. My new Synergy XTC and Ubershall modules are outstanding and that’s from a previous XTC owner :) 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom