Post-Lockdown pedal building

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    @UnclePsychosis I agree Fuzz Dog is much easier to work with. Top jacks are cool but bloody hell you suffer for them

This blog explains 1.2mm vs 1.6mm PCBs, it is exactly my experience https://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/blog/does-thickness-matter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 190
    Has anybody compared the Gorva vs Optopuss footswitches with Fuzzdog kits? I’ve used Gorvas and they’re great… just wondering if there’s any benefit in the opto switch?
    @TJT1979 they're softer feeling when you click them. I'm club footed anyway so I just use normal 3P2D
  • Oh and pedalpcb is designed for top jacks. I do love that. 
    And tayda makes enclosures that fit them. Just wish pedalpcb had a distribution company in the U.K. 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

Oh and pedalpcb is designed for top jacks. I do love that. 
    And tayda makes enclosures that fit them. Just wish pedalpcb had a distribution company in the U.K. 
    Musikding will post them for €4.90 and there's no import duty on anything up to £135
  • TJT1979 said:
    Has anybody compared the Gorva vs Optopuss footswitches with Fuzzdog kits? I’ve used Gorvas and they’re great… just wondering if there’s any benefit in the opto switch?
    The Gorva is "just" a nicer/higher quality 'normal' mechanically-switched footswitch. 

The Optopuss uses a soft-click switch and an optically-switched relay. 

I always go for the Optopuss now---I much prefer the softer click, and I'm fairly sure that the optical switching reduces the likelihood of getting the dreaded "footswitch pop". The downside is that its slightly more components / slightly more soldering / won't bypass without power. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 190
    TJT1979 said:
    The Gorva is "just" a nicer/higher quality 'normal' mechanically-switched footswitch. 

I always go for the Optopuss now---I much prefer the softer click, and I'm fairly sure that the optical switching reduces the likelihood of getting the dreaded "footswitch pop". The downside is that its slightly more components / slightly more soldering / won't bypass without power. 
    Have you tried the Gorvas too? They are really soft. Also they’re rated for 30k cycles (rather than 10k for the Alpha switch in the Opto), although this is probably fairly irrelevant in real-life use. 
  • TJT1979 said:
    TJT1979 said:

Have you tried the Gorvas too? They are really soft. Also they’re rated for 30k cycles (rather than 10k for the Alpha switch in the Opto), although this is probably fairly irrelevant in real-life use. 
    Yes I have some pedals with both. I prefer the Optopuss, the relay switching swings it for me TBH. Both are good choices though, its just preference. 
  • I need to box but just finished two circuits a Megalith which is called Doom Doom on the Moonn electronics website. And a Shredmaster. Both sound great, really like the Shredmaster

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

edited October 2022
    I enjoy decals now. Used to hate it. I'm sort of limited by the range of colour available to me

The Otter's Pocket text is a bit light, could do with being in bold. I'll see if I care enough to do it again in a day or two. I got sick of waiting for my mate to do a line drawing so I got the AI to do one for me instead. Took about 2 minutes

The label for the Tone knob on the Mexicola is mis-centered as well. It seemed alright on the mock up. I'll sleep on it (not literally on it, that would be weird)

edited October 2022

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1168
    roberty said:

What program is that?
    Alex2678 said:
    roberty said:

What program is that?
    Dall E, there was a waiting list when I joined not sure about now https://labs.openai.com/

Their instagram is worth a peruse https://www.instagram.com/openaidalle/?hl=en
    I'm not going to redo the decals, can live with little imperfections. If I ever make more of them I will obviously correct them then. I am making these for fun, and redoing things is not fun :-) 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2363
    roberty said:
    I'm not going to redo the decals, can live with little imperfections. If I ever make more of them I will obviously correct them then. I am making these for fun, and redoing things is not fun :-) 
    ... especially when you cock it up worse the second time!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Keefy said:
    roberty said:
    ... especially when you cock it up worse the second time!
    Always a possibility @Keefy hahaha
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1168
    roberty said:
    Alex2678 said:
    roberty said:

What program is that?
    Dall E, there was a waiting list when I joined not sure about now https://labs.openai.com/

Their instagram is worth a peruse https://www.instagram.com/openaidalle/?hl=en
    That’s blown my mind. Thanks!
    Pleased with how this one turned out. The knobs I got for it didn't fit the pot shafts but I had some nicer ones in the drawer. I decided to redrill for a 5mm warm white LED in a bezel to match the new knobs

The Belton Brick means that replacing any of those wires would be a massive pain. I've wrapped them in cardboard and electrical tape and blu tac'd it in place to stop any movement at the solder pads

I'd probably get the medium length spring if I did this again. With the Damp control right down it should sound pretty nice into a dirty amp I reckon

I redid this cos I thought I could do a better job. I've had some nice comments about the Otter, and I've been asked to make one for someone else. I figure I ought to set the bar a bit higher and put some effort in. I might start putting a little logo on them somewhere

Volume and Fuzz text could be a little higher. Oh well