Feline Guitars Mail Order fret dress & refret service

What's Hot
FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11729
in Guitar tFB Trader
So it looks that many of us will be stuck inside in the coming weeks, and hopefully spending extra time with our guitars.
You may take a look at one or other of your guitars and definitely think it needs some TLC.

As I will be self isolating here at the Feline workshop so it would be an ideal time to strike up a suggestion:

Why not use this time to ship a guitar to us (or even just a neck if it's a bolt on design) and have me do some fret fettling or even perform a full refret. 

I'm pretty much up to date with all my work, so there shouldn't be much delay in getting stuff done.

Whilst I'll miss having the face to face discussion with you and the chance to look over your guitar together we can have a good chat by phone or email /message and I will try to give the same level of friendly help and advice as you'd normally get from us.

The guitar or neck will be fret dressed in our neck jig set up with your preferred string gauge, so it will take into account the normal tensions that your neck would be under.

Fret dressing will be £120
Refrets will start at £300, plus any new parts like new nuts etc

Shipping will be charged at cost.

Let me know if you are interested....

Here is a description of a fret dress process 
We have a surrogate body so we can work on just a Fender style neck sent to us

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14720
    tFB Trader
    Good idea Jon - Hope it works out for you and potential customers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5199
    Ideal, my PRS DGT could do with a fret dress :)
  • nonesuchnonesuch Frets: 308
    This sounds like a great idea at this moment in time - I'll be in touch!
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 723
    I’ve been meaning to ask if you were doing this. 

I’ve an 1980 les Paul custom that’s been played to a 1/64th of an inch of its life. 

I fancy 6100 SS ...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 794
    I sent a Strat neck to Feline from France a few yrs ago.( re fret). Perfect job and straightforward. Recommended.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11729
    tFB Trader
    It's a good chance to keep doing work for you lovely folks and it's a lifeline to us to keep things stable till we all emerge safely on the other side. 
    Also it's a good chance for us to get used to getting more mail order  repairs in  and be able to look after players for whom visiting us isn't practical . 

We have just done some work on a lovely acoustic this week for one of the forum members who often ships things to us.

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7016
    edited April 2020
    Silly question but how do I know if I need a refret rather than a fret dress?
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5106
    Good idea and hope you get some business. If you included insured shipping both ways that would be a great USP and get you a lot more business I suspect. No one likes shipping a guitar and to remove some of the headache for the punter would be a bonus. You could even mail out shipping cartons to people who want to use your services but don’t already have a box. Good luck.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5000
    Got my Les Paul booked in for a full deluxe fettle plus some new pickups and full rewire... Can't wait!

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    The work by @FelineGuitars is really second to none. The refret and fret work to 3 of my guitars is impeccable. 
  • pickergpickerg Frets: 30
    Great idea, I’ll be definitely dropping you an email over the next couple of days.
    tFB Trader
    Thankyou for your positive support guys . 

Been looking into the courier aspects and which brokers to use for that . 
    It may be the case that as you have the parcel there and all the weights and dimensions that we get you to organise the collection at your end - I'll supply all the relevant details for that purpose, and we organise the return journey. 

Let's open up a quick discussion of which broker you prefer to use . 
    We have used Transglobal Express but their UK rates with UPS seem to have increased lately.
    Who was the company that were offering that with musical instrument insurance....was a thread on here about it

Shipping a carton to you would maybe be excessive as you'll be surprised at the cost of a carton if we have to buy them and certainly surprised at the cost to deliver an empty box.

I know @Brize has a lot of experience with recent rates for UPS shipping

Also I'd say to use the most reliable safest shipper, but still pack it like it need to survive Yodel/Parcelforce or whoever

• I am very interested. I don't have a shipping box, and have encountered problems with insured  shipping before. But I would jump on this in a heartbeat.

tFB Trader
    I am very interested. I don't have a shipping box, and have encountered problems with insured  shipping before. But I would jump on this in a heartbeat.

What guitar is it?
    If it's a Fender type, you can send just the neck 

• pickergpickerg Frets: 30
    I think the courier pickup option would be a great addition.  My other expensive hobby is mountain biking and some of the suspension service companies all offer this service which just makes things easier.
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5640

I use Transglobal Express and always choose UPS regardless of price. The prices have increased recently for larger boxes, which is disappointing, but I'll live with it given that my favourite guitar tech is in Croydon, which is a five-hour round trip!
    tFB Trader
    We have a couple of guitars all boxed and ready to go back to their locked-in owners.
    Thankyou for organising getting them to us. We are still operating like this and selling parts and spares , so hit us up if you need anything.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1713
    A good fret level make a huge difference to how your guitar plays and sounds .I made  my  40 quid squier Affinity play  really lovely with a low action and smooth fretboard and edges .I can do my own but its well worth getting it done especially by an expert and not a hamateur like me .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Brize said:

I use Transglobal Express and always choose UPS regardless of price. The prices have increased recently for larger boxes, which is disappointing, but I'll live with it given that my favourite guitar tech is in Croydon, which is a five-hour round trip!
    Brian - your special size fretwire should be here by tomorrow and we'll get on with the Gibson for you

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    Brize said:

Brian - your special size fretwire should be here by tomorrow and we'll get on with the Gibson for you
    Cheers Jon!