Feline Guitars Mail Order fret dress & refret service

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5000
    edited April 2020
    We have a couple of guitars all boxed and ready to go back to their locked-in owners.
    Thankyou for organising getting them to us. We are still operating like this and selling parts and spares , so hit us up if you need anything.
    Amazing service Jon, thank you so much. I cannot wait to get mine back in my hands and have a blast. Cheers :)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11729
    tFB Trader
    Boromedic said:
    We have a couple of guitars all boxed and ready to go back to their locked-in owners.
    Thankyou for organising getting them to us. We are still operating like this and selling parts and spares , so hit us up if you need anything.
    Amazing service Jon, thank you so much. I cannot wait to get mine back in my hands and have a blast. Cheers :)
    Collected this morning and on it's way home via UPS.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers Jon, it's like a new guitar day tomorrow for me!

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6886
    The broker recently here was overland express. 

I used them to send a guitar back to ol Glasgow.. it arrived. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12049
    edited April 2020
    Hi Jon,

When this is over I might take a couple of guitars down in person, there is no way i would risk posting a Les Paul...too scared.  I will also take my PRS 305 as well.

What is the average turn around time for fret dress/setup?
    tFB Trader
    Depending what we have in to do, anything between 3 days and a week.
    Also having the guys back in full time when we can go back to normal will help 

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• HumbuckedHumbucked Frets: 89
    Well done, sir. A very good idea for these lockdown circumstances. I must add that Jon recently carried out a regret on a 30 year old guitar of mine. Stainless Steel 6100 wire. The completed work is second to none. I also had Jon install new pickups, locking tuners,Earvana nut, Vol pot and rugby ball jack plate. All of this work is impeccable and the feel, playability and sound of the guitar have hugely improved. Feline's work is a very sound investment. Thank you, Jon and team.  Allan
    edited April 2020 tFB Trader
    @Humbucked ;
    Regrets?   I've done a few
    My constant fight with autocorrect is it changing refret to regret every time

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8572
    Great idea Jon, may well be in touch, the fret ends on my Suhr are driving me mad and need a little love.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HumbuckedHumbucked Frets: 89
    Regrets? Doh!

• GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2668
    Because it's Saturday morning and I just had coffee, I had a compulsion to find out whether there's an answer to the problem - based on the possibly erroneous assumption that you're on OS X, Jon. It seems the official way to do it is to type "refret" and when it gets flagged control-click (or right-click or whatever) on the highlighted word and select  Spelling and Grammar > Show Spelling and Grammar. Type refret into the box at the top and then click Learn. It ought now not autocorrect it, at least on the Mac (I don't know whether it propagates across onto other Apple devices). If you want to do it on an individual basis, old-school, the way (which I only just found out) is to press the escape key whenever you want the system to ignore a word it's flagged for correction. I just tested both of these, and they work. iOS is slightly more involved, and I'm sure there are similar but different processes for other operating systems. 

Hope that helps a bit. Just me wanting something to type as the caffeine wears off. 
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4160
    I wish feline guitars was nearer
    edited April 2020
    I wish feline guitars was nearer
    I sent him my Les Paul last week, there and back in one piece and it's awesome. Top work as ever from Feline!