RM lost my parcel....

What's Hot
paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3112
I sent a guitar body RM Signed for, tracking number confirms it was posted on the 6th April....not arrived yet...RM says I have to give 10 working days before I can claim.....however Ive run through the online claim process and they will only refund postage costs as I have to “prove” the value of the lost item, which is a Left Hand Pacifica 112 body and trem.....I have no idea how to prove the value of it....with photographic evidence....
Any suggestions?
The website is utter shite, can I somehow ask them to check if the parcel is somewhere in the system, all I get is useless menus...
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28044
    Have you got photos?

If it was something sold here, then you've got a thread/payment details showing its value.

If  not sold here, there are plenty of professionals here who'd probably give you a valuation for it.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5461
    It may still turn up.

Unfortunately the only useful thing is one of those "stable door/horse bolted" comments, which is always use special delivery, not just signed for. Signed for is uninsured and not properly tracked, whereas special delivery is insured up to £500 (more if you pay more and need it) and properly tracked with (in normal circumstances) the recipient having to sign for it, not just anyone. "Signed for" means the local tramp can sign for all anyone cares.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3112
    Ive got photos, but nothing to confirm its value, sods law nothing on ebay!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10601
    Don't panic just yet, I've sent a few thing recently, signed for that went astray but did get re routed and turned up safe and sound. RM are actually pretty good but at the moment they are working under some challenging conditions and using some staff who are relatively new to the processes  ..... wait another few days and you might be lucky
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7132
    tFB Trader
    Nobody is signing anything these days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4773
    Presumably the value will be the sum of money deposited in your bank or paypal account and which you will have to send back - if you have sold it.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    It's complicated, as part of a deal I gave the recipient the body but I paid the postage, so there was no payment for the body, however if it is lost it still has a value to replace it....

• andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1157
    If sent Royal Mail signed for, the maximum compensation you will get is £50 , that's the maximum that service carries unfortunately. No matter what your item is worth.
    As others have said don't panic, it may still turn up...…..I posted something over 2 weeks ago with RM signed for and it arrived yesterday.

Hope it turns up OK.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5461
    Can you get the intended recipient to write something to the effect of "Accept body/term in leiu of £300 towards cost of other thing" so there's a recorded notional monetary value?
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited April 2020
    As above don't panic just yet I sent a usa telecaster which should have been delivered on the 4th of April! I had to phone a few times but it eventually got delivered yesterday so don't give up hope, 
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 430
    tFB Trader
    I wouldn't jump the gun just yet, get ready by all means.

Royal Mail are taking 7-10 working days on a lot of stuff at the moment, depending on region due to staff isolating.
    I had no post whatsoever last week, and only received Boris Johnson's "stay at home" letter on Wednesday this week!

Bearing in mind due to the Easter break, it's now 8 working days since you posted. Still a long time but it is fair for them to ask for another few days.

I'd wager it is not lost, just stuck in a sorting centre somewhere which is short staffed.
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7327
    Yeah as others have said, you’re probably fine. The service is SLOW at the minute. A pedal I bought on here took well over a week to arrive despite first class signed for. Did arrive though. 
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3910
    Yes, RM are understandably slower than usual at the moment. I had a package that took 10 days to arrive and all it had to do was travel across Oxford. So don't panic yet.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9718
    Post is slow, naturally, at the moment...

But I URGE EVERYONE...

ALWAYS Use Special Delivery. Never ever had a problem and I posted 1000s of pedals and bits of gear.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 998
    Hang tight. Don't panic. Got our letter from Uncle Boris last week. Some other items took a few weeks too.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Danny1969 said:
    Don't panic just yet, I've sent a few thing recently, signed for that went astray but did get re routed and turned up safe and sound. RM are actually pretty good but at the moment they are working under some challenging conditions and using some staff who are relatively new to the processes  ..... wait another few days and you might be lucky
    This^^^ I haven’t sent anything but I’ve ordered a few bits. A couple of things separately from the same place but four  days apart and the later items have arrived before the earlier bought items! I’m still waiting as the parcel still hasn’t arrived despite ordering on the 5th, but there’s been a long bank holiday so it’ll turn up soon.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    Some RM depots are only operating 3 out of 5 days for precautionary measures, have faith, RM are usually brilliant imo
    If sent Royal Mail signed for, the maximum compensation you will get is £50 , that's the maximum that service carries unfortunately. No matter what your item is worth.
    As others have said don't panic, it may still turn up...…..I posted something over 2 weeks ago with RM signed for and it arrived yesterday.

Hope it turns up OK.
    I took the £50 compensation option, however you only get the £50 of you can prove the value of the lost item, otherwise they just refund the postage cost....

Fingers crossed it turns up....but, whatever happens I will make it right for the recipient...somehow!...

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2459
    My wife's business has been posting out forty parcels a day via 1st Class Royal Mail, and we've had four this month take ten days to arrive. They were all in the home counties too. All have got there in the end. 
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1130
    edited April 2020
    I'm waiting for a pedal bought off ebay that was posted on Tuesday, Special Delivery by 1pm. I've been checking the tracking daily and its still not moved from the post office in Jersey, the postage cost £7 so I would have expected it to be move at least!! I have ordered stuff off Amazon that's arrived within 2 days.

When should I start getting worried if the tracking info doesn't change??