RM lost my parcel....

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12535
    Post is dire at the moment ... I sent a birthday card to my son who lives about 50 miles away and it took 10 days to get there. We still haven’t had our Boris letters either. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7138
    tFB Trader
    No letter from the useless PM here either. I hope the postie stuck them all in the bin.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19527
    No letter from the useless PM here either. I hope the postie stuck them all in the bin.
    Same here. Didn't want one, but given that allegedly £5.8 million quid was blown on the exercise...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1209
    ICBM said:
    p90fool said:
    Yep, don't panic. RM are overwhelmed with parcels at the moment, partly because most people are bored at home and partly because they have to buy online if they want to fix anything around the house or garden etc because they're not allowed to buy them locally. 
    They can't be that desperate - I applied for a job as a delivery driver with them about three weeks ago, and I haven't heard a peep back.
    You’ll get a reply... just 10-14 days late 
    To the address down the road.
  • Item delivered just after 10am. Phew!
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 931
    It appears anything sent via Signed For comes quite quickly once it's in the system. I've had a few items including a pickup sent from a Fretboarder in the midlands that arrived next day, i'm in Croydon. Normal post though seems to be taking quite some time.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3112
    Item that started this topic is Signed, mailed on the 6th, yet I bought a pickup on here and it arrived in two days....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

Well bugger me with broom handle, the intended recipient just email me a photo of the parcel delivered today!

Posted April 6th.....mmmm 6 weeks, not bad for 2nd class parcel post!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7221
    That was pretty quick for Royal Fail!
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
  • clarkydazclarkydaz Frets: 45
    im a postie and this lockdown is horrific to work through, no let up whatsoever to the point mail isnt delivered Saturdays now.. Its worse than xmas due to everyone stuck at home bored, xmas is only 4 weeks of madness. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2020
    clarkydaz said:
    im a postie and this lockdown is horrific to work through, no let up whatsoever to the point mail isnt delivered Saturdays now.. Its worse than xmas due to everyone stuck at home bored, xmas is only 4 weeks of madness. 
    I appreciate we are living in strange times, but, 6weeks? What sort of grieves me is that a lot  is delayed and I get that, due to increased mail and less Staff, however I’m still charged for a 2 day delivery, if RM can’t do it then perhaps a reduction in post costs would be appropriate...
    This isn’t a dig at Posties, who are doing the best they can....

• clarkydazclarkydaz Frets: 45
    paulnb57 said:
    clarkydaz said:
    I appreciate we are living in strange times, but, 6weeks? What sort of grieves me is that a lot  is delayed and I get that, due to increased mail and less Staff, however I’m still charged for a 2 day delivery, if RM can’t do it then perhaps a reduction in post costs would be appropriate...
    This isn’t a dig at Posties, who are doing the best they can....
    No i wasnt defending any of the above, stuff like that is clearly at odds it shouldnt be taking anywhere near that long even under these circumstances. ive been buying stuff off ebay this week and arriving within days as relatively normal
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5011
    I went to my front door yesterday and there was a signed for package outside leaning against it.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    With covid, the couriers are no longer obliged to get a signature so everything is left unsigned. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5463
    prowla said:
    I went to my front door yesterday and there was a signed for package outside leaning against it.

That's standard practice with Hermes, Covid or not.

At work Hermes have always been utterly hopeless. Currently our area is covered by two ladies. They drive up in the car, run out, and just leave stuff by our door. They don't knock, shout "hello", or check if anyone's about. Regardless of who the package is for, they leave it by our door. The landlord lives above us, and I will often come in to work after a day on site to find packages for him/his wife just left outside our door. I've frequently left to go home and tripped over something that's been left there.

Drives me fucking nuts, as all of them are supposed to be signed.

Even post Covid every single other courier knocks, checks we're there, and then buggers off. Not Hermes, shower of shite.
    edited May 2020
    Actually, perhaps surprisingly our Herpes delvererer is brilliant, always knocks, but also knows where we like a delivery left,  she remembers us both, will have a socially distant chat and toddle off.....

UPS on the other hand, my parcel arrived in the UK on the 13th, no updates since....

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7333
    the Hermes feature on Joe Lycetts watchdog-lite program recently was an eye-opener to say the least. I'd never elect to user them now, given any kind of choice. UPS or DPD please. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom