RM lost my parcel....

What's Hot

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5523
    A few weeks ago I had a parcel go missing that was enroute from the USA, but it disappeared *after* I paid the customs & handling fees. According to the tracking it was delivered about 120 miles away from here, and RM cannot explain how that happened. Because of their stupid systems they would only talk to the sender (in the US) at first... got nowhere figuring it out with them so they finally gave them the instruction for me to contact them - I just want my fees back, but it's been about a week now with no reply to my enquiry. I am being patient, as has been said they are probably both short-staffed and swamped, but in a worst-case scenario I'm gonna get PayPal to intervene and I bet that will get messy. Anyway, doesn't help OP, just venting, but good luck to everyone! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32038
    Yep, don't panic. RM are overwhelmed with parcels at the moment, partly because most people are bored at home and partly because they have to buy online if they want to fix anything around the house or garden etc because they're not allowed to buy them locally. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73165
    p90fool said:
    Yep, don't panic. RM are overwhelmed with parcels at the moment, partly because most people are bored at home and partly because they have to buy online if they want to fix anything around the house or garden etc because they're not allowed to buy them locally. 
    They can't be that desperate - I applied for a job as a delivery driver with them about three weeks ago, and I haven't heard a peep back.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I'm waiting for a pedal bought off ebay that was posted on Tuesday, Special Delivery by 1pm. I've been checking the tracking daily and its still not moved from the post office in Jersey, the postage cost £7 so I would have expected it to be move at least!! I have ordered stuff off Amazon that's arrived within 2 days.

When should I start getting worried if the tracking info doesn't change??
    @Lestratcaster don’t worry about the tracking info not changing my parcel was delivered to me and the tracking still said the parcel was at the sender depot! 
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7333
    ICBM said:
    p90fool said:
    They can't be that desperate - I applied for a job as a delivery driver with them about three weeks ago, and I haven't heard a peep back.
    You’ll get a reply... just 10-14 days late 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17000
    I had a parcel from guitar guitar take 2 weeks with no movement on the tracking until the last day.   It had an incorrect set of strings in it, so I contacted them and they agreed to send the right ones straight out ... Arrived 2 days later 

It's massively unpredictable at the moment
  • zepp76 said:
    I'm waiting for a pedal bought off ebay that was posted on Tuesday, Special Delivery by 1pm. I've been checking the tracking daily and its still not moved from the post office in Jersey, the postage cost £7 so I would have expected it to be move at least!! I have ordered stuff off Amazon that's arrived within 2 days.

@Lestratcaster don’t worry about the tracking info not changing my parcel was delivered to me and the tracking still said the parcel was at the sender depot! 
    Hmm the past 2 days I've physically seen the postman delivering tracked parcels to my neighbour yet nothing for us!!

It said on ebay the estimated delivery would be 17/18th but I reckon I'll be waiting longer.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5523
    zepp76 said:

Hmm the past 2 days I've physically seen the postman delivering tracked parcels to my neighbour yet nothing for us!!

It said on ebay the estimated delivery would be 17/18th but I reckon I'll be waiting longer.
    I suppose it depends how short-staffed they might be on the sender's end... even if your posties/delivery office are all present & healthy it needs to get there in the first place...
  • Whitecat said:
    zepp76 said:

I suppose it depends how short-staffed they might be on the sender's end... even if your posties/delivery office are all present & healthy it needs to get there in the first place...
    Yeah and this item is being sent from Jersey so I don't know how its gonna get here from an Island across the channel!
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    Currently special delivery by 1pm is still next working day but could be delivered up to 9pm. 

If the tracking still shows it at the post office it was sent from there are 2 possibilities that I can immediately think off, firstly that the package is still sat at the post office waiting to be handed to the collections driver (which it shouldn’t be unless there has been no postal collection due to Covid-19) or that the staff have not completed the paperwork cut off correctly which I believe can affect the tracking (though I’m not 100% sure on that). 

Although coming from jersey in itself could be an issue again due to Covid related problems, but I haven’t seen any mention of such problems in the post office network updates. 

Personally I would be asking the sender to contact the post office it was sent from to ask if it has definitely left. 

Actually just thinking a bit more about it, if it was taken to the office after Tuesdays final collection it wouldn’t have left till Wednesday so would have been expected until Thursday up to 9pm (assuming someone one was available to deliver at that time) so could have been delayed and arrive today. Not that that explains the tracking info showing it still at the sending office. 
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    ICBM said:
    p90fool said:
    my mates a postie. Spoke to him a day or so ago. He said said there's a lot of complaining going on at the post office. Hes been overworked and they were about to go on strike before the lock down but not for now. He did say they were taking on drivers though. I would ring head office and ask is there a delay with the replies in your area.
    Whitecat said:
    zepp76 said:

Yeah and this item is being sent from Jersey so I don't know how its gonna get here from an Island across the channel!
    My sister lives in Jersey. She said at times like these they will just deliver it like a yankee paper boy. Just have to hope they throw it far enough..
    @Lestratcaster ; I May speak to her today. If i do i will ask here what the situation is.
  • @JAYJO cheers mate that would handy as I'm getting a bit impatient by the day!
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    zepp76 said:

And as if to make my point the package has just been put through the letterbox, sorted!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 627
    Make sure you check bins/outhouses/under cars..  anywhere stupid where they might have left it. 
    I posted an re20 once with tracked and signed for delivery through rm and they put it in a neighbours bin without leaving a note. Thankfully the buyer found it and was honest with me that it had shown up as I was about to refund him.

I got an Amazon delivery last week that came in a clear plastic bag (they must be short of packaging at the moment) and the postman left it sat on my doorstep in clear view without even knocking on my door!
  • I too am looking out around any recycling boxes and wheelie bins as drivers have been known to leave stuff in them without telling you! Amazon drivers are the worst.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I bought an interface from GG last week and it was delivered next day via DPD. Very happy with that. 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    The bits I ordered last Friday arrived Yesterday, 7 days later. It was a mix of 1st class and parcels. I think we had two post deliveries this whole week.
    There's every chance it'll arrive.
  • Tracking status updated! Item has been received in mainland UK and out for delivery today! Up early cos I ain’t missing this haha.