Birthday lockdown triple NGD

What's Hot
DB1DB1 Frets: 5034
edited April 2020 in Guitar
Well, having turned the '60' corner on Tuesday, I thought I'd treat myself to a couple of different bits as my party's been postponed. I did order a Private Build B&G Little Sister, but after persistent 'communication difficulties' with the distributor I got a bit fed up and had a little moan. Don't get me wrong, the coronavirus situation is far more important than anyone's bloody guitars, but this frustration had been going on since November, and I thought that I might as well bring it to a conclusion.

I also fancied deviating a bit from archtops, and vintage archtops for a couple of weeks at lease. and trying a couple of things out of my comfort zone.

So. I diverted funds into another Little Sister Crossroads - @Wazmeister - among others - will tell you, they're bloody good guitars. Of course, sod's law, another Private Build may have reared it's pretty head, so this one might become available!

In the middle, a very nice TV Jones Spectra Sonic Supreme - it has that retro look and sound, and very Gretsch-like in tone, perhaps not surprisingly. If you've ever played a Gibson Chet Atkins Tennesseean, well... it feels like one of them. Really impressed with this one - excellent build quality too.

Last, but not least, @Treewig1 kindly sold me his TLL Marvin. 1960's Kay meets IKEA - quirky minimalist looks, my favourite colour (Daphne Blue), great build quality and tone - what's not to like? Well, the fretboard has taken a couple of days of getting used to, as it feels quite flat, but I'm getting used to it now.

That's me done for a bit. Although I did see a nice Gretsch, and there's an amp in  the classifieds that's upsetting me at the moment......

Call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 23reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• brucegillbrucegill Frets: 729
    Wow. Love all 3 of those!! Happy Birthday
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Last birthday, I got socks
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 877
    Nice
    And a happy birthday to you.
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2807
    Amazing! Happy birthday Dave :)
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3897
    That TLL looks super! 
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5034
    Call me Dave.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4386
    Bloody love those spectras, enjoy!!!
  • That TLL is a stunner! I wanted to make an offer on it myself, but all my current guitars are single coil only so I'm holding back any GAS tokens for something with 'buckers.

Happy birthday! 
    edited April 2020
    Thanks! Yes, it's lovely - I'm pretty taken with their Deckard model as well. Only thing is, you'd be buying without trying and the resale value doesn't half give you a kicking.  http://tllguitars.com
    Call me Dave.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    Happy Birthday - At least you'll remember it for many reasons - Hope many more celebrations to come year after year
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9121
    Great stuff. That’s quite the carefully curated capsule collection ;)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • edenfield99edenfield99 Frets: 349
    Very nice, I like the TLL one...and Happy Birthday.
  • A fine selection sir! 
    Think I’ve seen Brian Setzer parading around with a baritone version of the spectra. Wonderful sounding things. Enjoy your pressies.
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7430
    Well done! I showed this post to my wife and she said “ maybe he’s not married darling”, so I don’t think that was an ok for me to try a similar spree.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wwwwww Frets: 72
    Love all three of those, but especially the TLL! Let me know if you ever decide to sell  =)
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    Love that Spectrasonic. Lusted after one of these for a while. 

Have you ever heard Brian Setzer play his baritone Spectrasonic? Sounds awesome!
    Ooh, no, I'll check that out. My knowledge of them is really sketchy (as with most things) - they were a Gretsch model up until about 2005, weren't they? TVJ took on the license to build them - it really is a lovely guitar.

I'm pleased with all three, to be honest - all different characters, and characters the you might expect them to have, based on their looks.

Thanks for the good wishes folks. All I have to do is to learn to play them now.
    Call me Dave.
  • Think Brian’s might be a Gretsch then, maybe.
    https://youtu.be/HOEnj89XnA4

The Swamp City Shakers
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3827
    I was just about to take the plunge on a spectra sonic, then TNAG put the prices back up. Doh.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    I was just about to take the plunge on a spectra sonic, then TNAG put the prices back up. Doh.

Apparently the lower price was an 'admin error'. I contacted them in a state of some annoyance because it was a day after mine arrived, and received a reply thanking me for pointing it it. So it was my fault, sorry!
    Call me Dave.