Suggest upgrades for my LP studio

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    Reverend said:
    Ive been playing doomy stuff foe about 30 years. Usually down a couple of steps. No fuzz, mostly light drives into a jmp 2203.
    With the Gibson’s I’ve had that are that kind of age, the bridge has collapsed slightly. Get a straight edge on it and check. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1700
    If it were me, I might get a pro-refin with masked "binding" and a pair of Oil City Forces Sweethearts.

But I'm not very DOOM, sorry! :)
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    DannyP said:
    If it were me, I might get a pro-refin with masked "binding" and a pair of Oil City Forces Sweethearts.

A4 PAFs are the best. The Nightfighter is Ash's medium output A4 pickup, they are also the best
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5161
    DannyP said:

I was thinking about whether or not binding was an option 

I have  two studios to do up. Also tempted  by the idea of something that sounds like an early super distortion 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2955
    roberty said:
    DannyP said:

A4 PAFs are the best. The Nightfighter is Ash's medium output A4 pickup, they are also the best
    Out of interest what guitar do you have Nightfighters in? Been considering some for my SG for a while but was worried it might be a bit "polite" sounding for an SG.