What’s happened to the neck.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7420
    DefaultM said:
    Found the pic. Can still remember the conversation.

"I was looking at the photos and I've noticed what might be a mark on the top of the guitar. Can you see it?"
    "Hmm no but the guitars upstairs so one minute"
    "okay..."
    "Oh yes actually you're right. There's a very small impression in the lacquer maybe the size of a pin head"
    "oh no its there? I thought maybe it was dust"

So I'm thinking he wants a discount, and I need the money so I offer him one.

"No, I can't. I'm so sorry"
    "are you sure? It's right under where your arm will be when you play it. No one will ever see".
    "The problem is that my other one is perfect, and I just know that when they're next to each other on the stands it will bother me".

http://i.imgur.com/wtDEj3J.jpg

I've no interest in PRS personally but for those who do...is this mindset normal?? How do you ever play the things? or is the idea that you dont, you just sit and look at all those loud colours, stripes and birds / leaves / tinsel etc? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7348
    I've no interest in PRS personally but for those who do...is this mindset normal?? How do you ever play the things? or is the idea that you dont, you just sit and look at all those loud colours, stripes and birds / leaves / tinsel etc? 
    Yeah, pretty much they look at them and play pentatonic scales.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7716
    DefaultM said:
    Found the pic. Can still remember the conversation.

"I was looking at the photos and I've noticed what might be a mark on the top of the guitar. Can you see it?"
    "Hmm no but the guitars upstairs so one minute"
    "okay..."
    "Oh yes actually you're right. There's a very small impression in the lacquer maybe the size of a pin head"
    "oh no its there? I thought maybe it was dust"

So I'm thinking he wants a discount, and I need the money so I offer him one.

"No, I can't. I'm so sorry"
    "are you sure? It's right under where your arm will be when you play it. No one will ever see".
    "The problem is that my other one is perfect, and I just know that when they're next to each other on the stands it will bother me".

http://i.imgur.com/wtDEj3J.jpg

I think so yeah. I bought it used at £1250 which I thought was an absolute bargain, but I was struggling to play it live because the solid rosewood neck made it too heavy for my sciatica.
     I thought I'd put it on ebay and easily make enough to cover fees and get back my £1250.
    Absolute nightmare. 

"Have you got the hangtag?"
    "Yes, it's included"
    "Well have you got a photo of the hangtag?"
    "Here you go"
    "I've received the photo. It seems the corner is slightly folded. Is that right?"
    "Yes"
    "would you take £1100?"
    "No". 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74493
    When I bought a slightly-shop-damaged new PRS from Coda at a huge discount, I jokingly asked if they would ding it again and knock another seven hundred quid off... after laughing and firmly saying no, the manager then told me that a previous customer had reversed the purchase of his dream PRS Artist or some other fancy model because one of the leather ends of the case was very slightly scuffed - and no, a substitute case from another one wasn't good enough because then it wouldn't be the "original" case. I am not making this up, and I don't think he was either!

It's quite a bizarre mindset, but I'm absolutely certain that the finish problem on this guitar would mean that many PRS buyers wouldn't want a discount, even substantial - they just wouldn't want it at all. That makes it quite different from something like a Gibson, where even ones with a clearly broken and repaired headstock have an active market, at a somewhat reduced price.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I play my private stock all the time.

Although I don’t stare at it as it is in its case when not being used.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 10236
    edited April 2020
    So, by way of an update, I'm speaking with the buyer and we're considering either a partial refund or return.

I'm amazed at how fussy some people are about their PRS guitars from what's said above. I've had a play today and it's a lovely sounding guitar. Great Strat tones on the single coil at the neck, teleish tones on the single coil at the bridge and raunchy p90 style tones when in humbucker mode - ideal for me as none of the sounds are too dark.

I am a very regular flipper of guitars so I can't pretend resale doesn't worry me, but if the offer is right, I'm loathe to let a decent guitar I like the sound and feel of go because of what PRS believe is a cosmetic issue. I'm not sure how realistic the seller is going to be though with his partial refund, so it may just end up going back.

I'm sure if I change my mind a few months down the line, there will be a few people on here offering me silly money for it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28444
    stonevibe said:
    Yeah, pretty much they look at them and play pentatonic scales.
    Mine don’t, even if I really stare at them.
    :(

Are they faulty???
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 733
    If you are a flipper you gonna struggle to sell that. I'd return of it was me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom