Thoughts on cheap Tele pickups

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11994
    tFB Trader
    poopot said:
    As a pickup winder ... someone who spends all my working days surrounded by wire and magnets, flatwork and bobbins ... for the love of god please don't call them 'pups' o ... 'pups' are a contraction of puppies ... that is: baby dogs. Likewise I'm all for stringing up people who call Les Pauls 'Lesters' or BMWs 'Beamers' ... 
    I was just saying the same thing about pups to a mate the other day as I was loading my lester into the back of the beemer!...

and contrary to what I said above, get one of ash’s liquidator tele sets you won’t go wrong with those!... had the bridge in a snakehead I sold!!!!!
    Was that the Lester that played like butter? ;-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    poopot said:
    As a pickup winder ... someone who spends all my working days surrounded by wire and magnets, flatwork and bobbins ... for the love of god please don't call them 'pups' o ... 'pups' are a contraction of puppies ... that is: baby dogs. Likewise I'm all for stringing up people who call Les Pauls 'Lesters' or BMWs 'Beamers' ... 
    I was just saying the same thing about pups to a mate the other day as I was loading my lester into the back of the beemer!...

and contrary to what I said above, get one of ash’s liquidator tele sets you won’t go wrong with those!... had the bridge in a snakehead I sold!!!!!
    Was that the Lester that played like butter? ;-)
    Yep... best guitar I ever played... genuine reason for me selling it :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
    althy said:
    John_P said:
    I’ve just put mojo broadcaster in one of mine and it sounds fantastic - not the cheapest but I can imagine finding better.   
    Mojo is great for vintage fender sounds. 
    If you are feeling adventurous and want to try something hotter the harmonic design stuff is outstanding. Especially for teles
    And get his vintage wiring loom & 4way switch !!!!!

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom