OTWAY THE MOVIE

What's Hot
ellangusellangus Frets: 250
Treat yourself - it's free and it's great!

http://www.johnotway.com/movie2.html

Enjoy
Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4935
    Is it really free?
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5539
    Just watched it. Very enjoyable!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1399
    Cor baby!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    I really enjoyed that. Thanks for posting!
    Call me Dave.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7822

That was a great watch - he's such a daft bugger :)

The highlight of my one visit to Glastonbury in 2011 - I was heading back to my tent (can't recall why) and ducked into the Acoustic Stage tent to avoid a sudden heavy shower, just as someone announced "next up, John Otway". I had a fantastic time singing along and watching him leaping about :)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27649
    Nutter!  

Brilliant.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Seen JO with both his full band and solo. Brilliant. Barmy. Entertaining. The best best gigs I've ever had the pleasure of attending.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4935
    I saw Otway & Barrett way back; Otway jumped off a speaker and landed on his head. 
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5863
    Ow Chewyl is a Gowin' Home!

The funniest thing you will ever see is this. It's like the worst nightmare for an Guitarist on stage.

4 minutes well spent, I think.

The bits between from 3:00 should have you wetting yourself, but you need to watch it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8C-BwAbAdc

:D
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27649
    ^^^^

I’m pretty sure I watched that at the time it was (first) broadcast.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    I was at the premier (I'm listed in the credits as a producer)  I've seen him loads of times (including the Tent tour). met him most times and and had a drink with him on various occasions  he's a complete nutter but a lovely warm human being. The man's a diamond!
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2983
    He supported Jilted John on his 40th anniv. tour a year or so ago, good night that was. 
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    He wrote some very good songs actually
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Watched Otway the Movie on/off over the last 24 hours.

What a f-cking legend is John Otway!!

Bonkers!

Now, I've got this idea ....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12390
    A mate of mine made the film, it was all done with a Canon DSLR and GoPros and then edited in his spare room. 
    boogieman said:
    A mate of mine made the film, it was all done with a Canon DSLR and GoPros and then edited in his spare room. 
    Excellent. I was impressed by the fact that we actually managed to be in the movie due to the red carpet premiere being filmed and edited into the film an hour before we watched it in the theatre!!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12390
    ellangus said:
    boogieman said:
    Excellent. I was impressed by the fact that we actually managed to be in the movie due to the red carpet premiere being filmed and edited into the film an hour before we watched it in the theatre!!
    Yeah I remember Steve talking about that and thinking he was crazy to even consider it. I’m amazed he pulled it off but he managed it superbly. He’s a clever guy but it helped that he’s always been a massive Otway fan (and a close friend of his too) so wanted to do something really special for him. All done on a tiny budget too. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    That brings back some memories.. Thank you!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    The headbutts number is hilarious :-)
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9718
    Saw Otway a few years back supporting Wilko Johnson. Mad as a hatter, hilarious, and a great entertainer. Really looking forward to watching this. Thanks for the heads up.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it