Oh no its not.....

What's Hot

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Gotta at least admire his detailed description and great photos 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    Seller obviously misheard when someone told them that Tele was pretty f***in haggard.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8145
    Honestly, I’m not good at spotting fake Fenders. 
    What’s are the give-away signs?

other than truss rod hole looking scruffy....
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9715
    Reported to ebay.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2452
    TheMarlin said:
    Honestly, I’m not good at spotting fake Fenders. 
    What’s are the give-away signs?

other than truss rod hole looking scruffy....
    The truss rod hole is always the No.1 giveaway. This has dreadful heavy typeface  fake Custom Shop decals too. 
  • vanlooy1vanlooy1 Frets: 455
    He’s at least offering free postage, although I’m not sure you can send a guitar “Royal Mail second class’....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JackobeanJackobean Frets: 668
    vanlooy1 said:
    He’s at least offering free postage, although I’m not sure you can send a guitar “Royal Mail second class’....
    Hey, it's a £5k guitar new - no expense spared!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14772
    High value guitar, listed at a low start price that would only satisfy a thief or an addict, desperate for the next fix. The item is either stolen or a fake. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    It's risky enough to bid on something from a seller that has zero feedback. 

Also if they're gonna be selling a guitar and pretending it's something it isn't they could at least take a leaf out of Essex guitar Studio's book and give it a backstory of how Merle Haggard's tech purchased it for Merle who then proceeded to play it but decided he wasn't worthy and it should end up in the hands of some random on eBay because they would put it to better use than he could.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    It's looking more 'Merde' than 'Merle'....
    Call me Dave.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14784
    tFB Trader
    Bollocks !!!!!!!!!!!! - at that price I thought it was worth buying so I went for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Some poor sod has actually put a £600-odd bid in.

I pity the fool.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 491
    If some poor sod buys this thinking it is a Fender Custom Shop, does eBay provide a good recourse for them to return and get their money back? (I've been fortunate enough not to have to go through this)
  • JackobeanJackobean Frets: 668
    As an aside, it's interesting the fakers have gone for something so rare and obscure.
    Banking on lack of familiarity working in their favour? I've certainly never seen one in the wild...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 782
    Jackobean said:
    As an aside, it's interesting the fakers have gone for something so rare and obscure.
    Banking on lack of familiarity working in their favour? I've certainly never seen one in the wild...
    I noticed a few times the 'same' Bilt Zaftig popped up on eBay at about £500-1k less than it should have been. Almost immediately taken down again. Perhaps the idea is, if it's obscure, you sort of feel like the seller is in the know, which then becomes relatable and perhaps even trustworthy?
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2452
    The real headstock.....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73061
    Everyone here with an Ebay account who views this needs to report it as a fake. Ebay won't usually do anything from just one report, but they will if it gets flagged enough.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    ICBM said:
    Everyone here with an Ebay account who views this needs to report it as a fake. Ebay won't usually do anything from just one report, but they will if it gets flagged enough.
    On that basis, I flagged it, too. The message I received was that due to their privacy policies "we cannot report the action that is taken."

So how do we know anything will get done? It's still up, which would suggest that nothing is being done so far, despite other flags, or is it still too early?
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73061
    Probably too early - it usually takes a couple of days.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3103
    Reported also
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll