NGD - First one in 5 years ! (My First Stratocaster!)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 862
    Very nice indeed.
    I have one from around the same time and it really is one of the best guitars I’ve had.
    I’m neither a big strat fan or a huge relic fan, but mine feels like a comfy pair of jeans. It sits up there with my no1 tele in the ‘keeper’ section. The neck profile is just right for me and feels like it’s had years of heavy use.
    Only changes I’ve made are swapping the bridge pickup for an SDS1 and the trem for one with a steel block (same as the Highway 1 guitars use), when I got it the previous owned had wired the bridge pickup to the 2nd tone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12040
    Just inspected the neck again, there was a small piece of paper in the neck pocket, I think someone thought it needed a shim but I took it off and the guitar is no longer buzzing above the 12th fret at the same action that I wanted. Whoever had it last must’ve thought it needed it for his playing but I much prefer it without with the ever slightly different angle that piece of paper did.  It actually transformed it, no buzz anywhere! I also think it’s sustain more? Probably because it’s not buzzing anymore.

Yes! Saturday afternoon job well done to me!
  • Congrats, nice looking Strat.
    But be warned... one Strat is never enough!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    Congrats, nice looking Strat.
    But be warned... one Strat is never enough!
    This is irritatingly true. Got my first a couple of weeks ago, already planning the next!
  • RedFalconRedFalcon Frets: 180
    Dare I say this looks Custom Shop worthy! Looks top notch! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom