The one guitar (or three) that you just can’t put down...

What's Hot

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3376
    grungebob said:
    @markslade07 Thanks, I think these guitars are criminally overlooked due to the big block inlays and name but the neck is fantastic and the tones are stunning. 

I just try one out at some point. Been gassing really hard for a Novo but not a chance in hell I’ll ever be able to afford one :( so this is probably the next closest thing.
    I’m in the same boat. I’ll never in a month of Sunday’s afford a novo and the Fano RB6 was still out my range so tried this at £650 from Peach. 
    Best money I’ve ever spent on musical instruments 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7319
    This one since I’ve had it. It’s really blown me away, and I’m now a fully paid up Ric lover. It plays fantastically, and sounds superb. In short, I love it. 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    grungebob said:
    Has to be this Rivolta. 
    The gloss neck is a pain as it’s grabby and I need to silk it but even still I can’t stop playing it. 
    It makes me enjoy all settings on the amp and all positions on the pickup switch even the tone control is usable in all positions. 
    It’s so sweet sounding clean and aggressive with gain. It’s lightweight and I love it. 

Can’t decide if I like the guitar or the decor more 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3376
    I can take credit for neither but the Mrs says thanks. 
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4261
    edited May 2020
    Of my three, the one that gets picked up the most is my cheapo Jackson: it’s got a lovely neck (with a satin finish), top fret access is second-to-none and it’s nice and light. It’s the one that hangs by my desk, so every time I need a break from work I can literally get my hands on it without getting up. Only downside is it’s the worst-sounding of my guitars (as the pickup comparison thread I did showed), but I’ve just received a lovely Oil City Djenerator which I’m hoping will rectify that

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mine's a Harley Benton with upgraded pickups. ;-)

No, seriously it IS! 

Though my little Faith Mercury Naked has joined me in the garden this afternoon. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    2014 SG Special and a Partscaster. The SG in particular often makes me smile.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12564
    edited May 2020
    My 79 Strat seems to be glued to my hands since coming back from @iamf68

https://i.imgur.com/loAfac4.jpg;

• JotaJota Frets: 465
    ICBM said:
    I was supposed to be doing some work on this for sale, but it's just so addictive to play I'm going to buy it myself...

I did own it before, some time ago - but it was never quite right then, it had a different neck pickup and although I thought it sounded good it wasn't right for me. The pickup that's in it now is not normally one I like either, but in this guitar it just works.

I don't usually like that PRS design but there's something about that one that I dig. Congrats.
  • This one since I’ve had it. It’s really blown me away, and I’m now a fully paid up Ric lover. It plays fantastically, and sounds superb. In short, I love it. 

That is a beauty. What model is that? I love the contour for the tail piece. 
    This one since I’ve had it. It’s really blown me away, and I’m now a fully paid up Ric lover. It plays fantastically, and sounds superb. In short, I love it. 

That is a beauty. What model is that? I love the contour for the tail piece. 
    it's a 1988 330/6 in Mapleglo.
    munckee said:
    My 79 Strat seems to be glued to my hands since coming back from @iamf68

https://i.imgur.com/loAfac4.jpg;

delightful Stratacustard
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73033
    Jota said:

I don't usually like that PRS design but there's something about that one that I dig. Congrats. 
    For me it's very much the 'anti-PRS' - it's in terrible condition (the picture is very flattering, in fact), no stereotypical 'PRS buyer' would be interested in it at all. Not only does it have no birds and no bling, it's been refinished at least twice, the neck joint has been broken and repaired, it's got the wrong pickups and part of the logo is missing. As a result it's worth very little for a guitar which would have cost so much new - which for me, is only a good thing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    jaymenon said:
    This is the one for me...
    [Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/2l8Vm4E.jpg)

Western Red Cedar Top
    Mahogany Back and Sides
    Forearm Bevel
    Sound Port on upper bout
    Florentine Cutaway

Heaven...
    Really nice spec, who was the maker ?
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    ICBM said:
    Jota said:

For me it's very much the 'anti-PRS' - it's in terrible condition (the picture is very flattering, in fact), no stereotypical 'PRS buyer' would be interested in it at all. Not only does it have no birds and no bling, it's been refinished at least twice, the neck joint has been broken and repaired, it's got the wrong pickups and part of the logo is missing. As a result it's worth very little for a guitar which would have cost so much new - which for me, is only a good thing.

Sounds great to me!
    The combination of the open/covered buckers contribute to the "anti-PRS" look.
    I'd totally rock that.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    I came home today for 10mins to grab something and went and picked up my Strat for 5mins   =)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    Probably by nature of it being the newest and the novelty factor, but it’s just too much fun.

https://i.imgur.com/xSy9oqO.jpg

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13036
    @grungebob that Rivolta is awesome.

PS the decor is cool too but don't tell anyone I said that 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5200
    edited June 2020
    I only have one guitar in the house now, so good job it’s a Custom Shop Cunetto Strat....

https://i.imgur.com/NfyGm0d.jpg
  • DougDoug Frets: 172
    Of my three, the one that gets picked up the most is my cheapo Jackson: it’s got a lovely neck (with a satin finish), top fret access is second-to-none and it’s nice and light. It’s the one that hangs by my desk, so every time I need a break from work I can literally get my hands on it without getting up. Only downside is it’s the worst-sounding of my guitars (as the pickup comparison thread I did showed), but I’ve just received a lovely Oil City Djenerator which I’m hoping will rectify that

Bloody lovely!, what Jackson model is that?