Gretsch Electromatics - thoughts?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• markjmarkj Frets: 923
    TTony said:
    Thanks @gregm.

That's exactly the model I was looking at.  Now just got to find somewhere with it in stock …  
    GAK have them in £399.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gregmgregm Frets: 49
    TTony said:
    Thanks @gregm.

That's exactly the model I was looking at.  Now just got to find somewhere with it in stock ...

No problem, had a quick look on Reverb and GAK in Brighton have them at £399 + £4.99 shipping. Good honest value, most retailers are increasing the price of the natural version as they are in high demand! Most others are quoting £499 for other colours, even Andertons are at £449 and no stock until August, I would move quick if I was you, hope you enjoy it as much as I am. Cheers!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27955
    markj said:
    TTony said:
    Thanks @gregm.

That's exactly the model I was looking at.  Now just got to find somewhere with it in stock …  
    GAK have them in £399.
    gregm said:
    TTony said:
    Thanks @gregm.

That's exactly the model I was looking at.  Now just got to find somewhere with it in stock ...

No problem, had a quick look on Reverb and GAK in Brighton have them at £399 + £4.99 shipping. Good honest value, most retailers are increasing the price of the natural version as they are in high demand! Most others are quoting £499 for other colours, even Andertons are at £449 and no stock until August, I would move quick if I was you, hope you enjoy it as much as I am. Cheers!
    Regrettably not the plain maple one ... just the London Grey.
    :(
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Had an orange 5420T, loved it to bits but wanted something else more at the time.
    Have 5235T, 6122-12, 6118.

I've not played a bad Electromatic, I'd put their QC up with Mexican Fenders. 
    I'm not a big fan of the 2 series Streamline range, look and play fine, but don't sound like Gretsches to me.

Some Electromatics are great modding platforms, lots turn 5420Ts into near 6120s

• gregmgregm Frets: 49
    TTony said:
    markj said:
    TTony said:
    Thanks @gregm.

GAK have them in £399.
    gregm said:
    TTony said:
    Thanks @gregm.

Regrettably not the plain maple one ... just the London Grey.
    :(

Still showing as one available?

• pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 998
    I tried a few hollow bodies. They were good. Better pickups than the other Eastern made jazz boxes. They only had "licenced" Bigsbys, which weren't as good as the genuine ones on the Peavey Rockingham for instance.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8120
    I tried a few hollow bodies. They were good. Better pickups than the other Eastern made jazz boxes. They only had "licenced" Bigsbys, which weren't as good as the genuine ones on the Peavey Rockingham for instance.
    If you spend £15 on a softer spring, they’re great!
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1768
    My wife took me guitar shopping on my birthday in January and bought me a G2622T which is a streamliner rather than an electromatic. 

I was that impressed i went out the following week and purchased an Electromatic G5426 in silver sparkle. Which is a bolt on neck twin humbucker entry level guitar - but damn it's incredible !

Until 'everything happened' i was taking just those two guitars out to gigs. They sound great, play great, look bloomin awesome and i get much more interest from the audience who compliment me on having such awesome guitars.