The Fretboard Rickenbacker Club (NSFW)

What's Hot

Comments

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7201
    edited June 2020
    JerkMoans said:
    I do confess to having an enormous guitardon for the eBay 660...
    There’s an overpriced 80s FG 330 in Sweden on Reverb that I lust over daily. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8797
    JerkMoans said:
    There’s an overpriced 80s FG 330 in Sweden that on Reverb that I lust over daily. 
    I can now reveal that Google tells me Benfleet is but a 55 minute drive from Schloss Moans :naughty:
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    JerkMoans said:
    There’s an overpriced 80s FG 330 in Sweden on Reverb that I lust over daily. 
    Boo: no case. Dodged a bullet, there :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    gringopig said:
    JerkMoans said:
    JerkMoans said:
    There’s an overpriced 80s FG 330 in Sweden that on Reverb that I lust over daily. 
    I can now reveal that Google tells me Benfleet is but a 55 minute drive from Schloss Moans :naughty:
    It's got toasters and the old style tailpiece! It's jetglo.....

I think it's an auction though starting at 1400. I'll bet he wants 2k
    Local collection only, though... It is utterly fucking gorgeous, isn’t it? 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Hmm, this is a club I'd like to join  :) always hankered after one of those 350v63 full scale version of the Lennon Rickenbacker in black, never had the chance to play one though ... 330 fireglo looks good too ....
    Do it, man: it’ll change your life, I swear to God.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12947
    A rather very nice man came to visit me today (all social distancing rules obeyed) and rather carelessly forgot to take this away with him when he left. 

I've wanted a Rick since about 1996 so when the opportunity arose to finally own one for real I thought I might as well do it properly. The eagle eyed will spot that this guitar has already been shared in this thread, but I'm sure no-one will complain. Its been used (and abused) and Rickenbacker purists will be horrified at a couple of things but I am very, very chuffed. 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    A rather very nice man came to visit me today (all social distancing rules obeyed) and rather carelessly forgot to take this away with him when he left. 

I've wanted a Rick since about 1996 so when the opportunity arose to finally own one for real I thought I might as well do it properly. The eagle eyed will spot that this guitar has already been shared in this thread, but I'm sure no-one will complain. Its been used (and abused) and Rickenbacker purists will be horrified at a couple of things but I am very, very chuffed. 

Beautiful - congratulations! If a job is worth doing... 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3270

Stunning! 

I love that this thread has turned into a rick purchase thread. ;)
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12947
    edited June 2020

Stunning! 

I love that this thread has turned into a rick purchase thread.
    In fairness, the "negotiations" has been tentatively opened prior to this thread giving everyone the raging horn. 
    I’m still waiting for more pics from @rze99 and @oh_pollo too
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3270
    In fairness, the "negotiations" has been tentatively opened prior to this thread giving everyone the raging horn. 
    And of course we did ‘nothing’ to wet your palette and in no way encouraged you upon your debauched path. ;)

I love that this thread has turned into a rick purchase thread. ;)
    Lustful gear freaks vs enablers dot com
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72619

[381JG]

The eagle eyed will spot that this guitar has already been shared in this thread, but I'm sure no-one will complain.
    I've taken the pic off the earlier post, the Wows should be all yours now :).

Pleased to see it go to a good home... I just wasn't using it enough, and having three Ricks seemed a bit greedy ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2308
    I’m still waiting for more pics from @rze99 and @oh_pollo too
    Hi @GavRichList sorry more pics of what specifically? Happy to oblige.
    R
    this is a designated area for Rickenbacker pron. seem to recall a couple of belters. 
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 868
    @GavRichList I'm not a member of this club (unfortunately). I posted a pic of a Rick in another thread - but it's not mine, just a gorgeous guitar I felt everyone should see.
  • sofastevesofasteve Frets: 39
    edited June 2020
    https://imgur.com/CH7cXTV

Bought new in Feb 2019, Wanted one since I was 17 years old but could never afford it. Plays and sounds exactly as I dreamt it would for all of those years.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    sofasteve said:

Bought new in Feb 2019, Wanted one since I was 17 years old but could never afford it. Plays and sounds exactly as I dreamt it would for all of those years.
    Very nice indeed 
  • sofastevesofasteve Frets: 39
    sofasteve said:

Very nice indeed 
    Need a 12 string now though, Would love to try a 325 out too. Where does it end...