SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted - Drum/Studio Mics

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• chenzmanchenzman Frets: 196
    What's your budget vince?
    Hi Drew,

hope you’re keeping well mate?

If I could get 2 x Tom mics, pair of SDC’s and condenser for £200-£300 that would be great. May well be a long stretch and may need to up the budget as I suppose it’s better buying decent gear first, rather than replacing further down the line.

I’ve been using my Roland kit with Addictive drums, which actually sounds pretty good, however the feel is never great compared to an acoustic kit.

Cheers

Vince
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chenzman said:
    Hi Drew,

If I could get 2 x Tom mics, pair of SDC’s and condenser for £200-£300 that would be great. May well be a long stretch and may need to up the budget as I suppose it’s better buying decent gear first, rather than replacing further down the line.

I’ve been using my Roland kit with Addictive drums, which actually sounds pretty good, however the feel is never great compared to an acoustic kit.

Cheers

Vince
    I'm very well thanks dude!

£300 isn't going to get you too far for the low to mid-tier mic ranges. TBH, it's not a huge budget for drum-mics but I'm sure you can get somewhere.

You could take a look at some of the cheaper T-Bone microphones on Thomann. I can't speak to them myself, but I've tried T-Bone mics in the past and found them okay.

I use the Audix D6 a lot for kick drums and bass guitar. It's become a standard for me. I've used the D112 too, prefer it on kick to a bass cab. SM57 is a staple for snare and can work well for toms as well. For toms I'm a fan of Sennheiser 421's but they're not cheap. One of those would eat your budget!

Overheads I like AKG C451b's and Oktava mk219's.

The Rode M3's are surprisingly good too. I use them for overheads, room mics, and even on snare.

Maybe take a look at Sennheiser E609's. They're supposed to be good for the price. Still £88 though.

Maybe something like this...

Kick - Your D6
    Snare - SM57
    Toms - E609's
    Hihat - fuck it
    OH's - Rode M3 pair, T-Bone EM800 is a cheap LDC so maybe a pair of those... if you want SDC, maybe the Rode M5's...

Are you gonna bother with any room mics? 

Bye!

• maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3174
    edited June 2020
    So for info my stage mics
    senn 901 kick in
    shure Beta 52 kick out
    Audix F2 snare bottom 
    Beta 57 snare top
    Sm 81 hat
    E604 toms
    Lewitt LCT 240 overheads
    Alternate Tom mics red5 or beta 98’s 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    chenzman said:
    Hi Drew,

Cheers

Vince

£300 isn't going to get you too far for the low to mid-tier mic ranges. TBH, it's not a huge budget for drum-mics but I'm sure you can get somewhere.

You could take a look at some of the cheaper T-Bone microphones on Thomann. I can't speak to them myself, but I've tried T-Bone mics in the past and found them okay.

I use the Audix D6 a lot for kick drums and bass guitar. It's become a standard for me. I've used the D112 too, prefer it on kick to a bass cab. SM57 is a staple for snare and can work well for toms as well. For toms I'm a fan of Sennheiser 421's but they're not cheap. One of those would eat your budget!

The Rode M3's are surprisingly good too. I use them for overheads, room mics, and even on snare.

Maybe take a look at Sennheiser E609's. They're supposed to be good for the price. Still £88 though.

Kick - Your D6
    Snare - SM57
    Toms - E609's
    Hihat - fuck it
    OH's - Rode M3 pair, T-Bone EM800 is a cheap LDC so maybe a pair of those... if you want SDC, maybe the Rode M5's...

Cheers drew, plenty of options here for me to keep an eye out for.

So far I have the Audix D6 and SM57 so have the kick/snare sorted. Need 2 Tom mics, then couple of overheads and been recommended I get a room mic so will get an LDC I can use for vocals too hopefully. 

There seems to be some decent reviews on Se electronics mics and see them for decent prices second hand, so will keep an eye out

So for info my stage mics
    senn 901 kick in
    shure Beta 52 kick out
    Audix F2 snare bottom 
    Beta 57 snare top
    Sm 81 hat
    E604 toms
    Lewitt LCT 240 overheads
    Alternate Tom mics red5 or beta 98’s 
    Thanks for the input, I am leaning towards the E604’s for toms, saves space and having to buy mic stands. I’ve heard great things about the Lewitt mics too. 

Think I may have to up the budget! Haha
  • chenzman said:
    chenzman said:
    Hi Drew,

Cheers

Vince

Kick - Your D6
    Snare - SM57
    Toms - E609's
    Hihat - fuck it

Cheers drew, plenty of options here for me to keep an eye out for.

So far I have the Audix D6 and SM57 so have the kick/snare sorted. Need 2 Tom mics, then couple of overheads and been recommended I get a room mic so will get an LDC I can use for vocals too hopefully. 

There seems to be some decent reviews on Se electronics mics and see them for decent prices second hand, so will keep an eye out
    I have used the SE Electronics SE2 and SE3 mics a lot. They are great for the money.

Bye!

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756

I saw that earlier,  just be aware the prices are all plus vat but they are still very fair. He might do a deal if you buy several I suppose.
    Thanks mate, I’ve dropped him a message about the E604 & E504
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    You should grab those 421's IMHO.

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3072
    octatonic said:
    You should grab those 421's IMHO.

Someone else already had that thought.

R.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    Still two available, no?
     Balls, missed them!
    Sorted, managed to pick up 2 x as new E604’s and pair of Rode NT5’s Plus couple of XLR’s posted for £320! Result!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom