Wrap Around Bridges...what effect on tone?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14284
    edited May 2021 tFB Trader
    I’ve put Mojoaxe wraparounds on my 50s LP Juniors and I don’t think they’ve altered the sound significantly - they were incredible sounding raunchy guitars with balls before I made the change, and they still are but they now have much improved intonation. They also don’t seem to tilt forwards as much as the original Gibson bridges because the Mojoaxes are a tighter fit in the stud slots.
    Just come across these today https://musiccitybridge.com/products/the-stud-finder-guitar-bridge-agedGibson Replacement Guitar Bridge Les Paul Replacement Bridge Guitar String Tree

Never seen/heard them before - But a handy guitar tech I know brought in his hand built/replica 57 LP Junior today to show it to me - Looks more 'substantial' - Not as chunky as the PRS version, but more substantial then the Mojo/Faber models - Tone + intonation was excellent - The owner previously had a Faber fitted but it was causing that 'sitar' ring - This has eliminated that but the owner said it adds a 'bigger more solid tone'

Not sure if @IvisonGuitars has any experience with them
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom