Any advice on getting a custom built?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3860
    edited June 2020
    @melod What do you want to know about the Lil 58? Adore mine. I’m just going to post about speccing a Hollowbody version

Mine:

Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • melodmelod Frets: 136
    edited June 2020
    @melod What do you want to know about the Lil 58? Adore mine. I’m just going to post about speccing a Hollowbody version

Mine:

How does it compare to a Prs 22 for example? I like the Prs idea but I struggle with some cosmetic things (birds, shape).
    @melod It was, quite clearly in respect of a number of my decisions, inspired by PRS. The oiled neck puts it ahead of any PRS with a lacquered neck and it is, for me, better than any Custom 22 I’ve played. The piezo is great too, so I’d say it’s as good or better. And a fraction of the price of a new PRS.  

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • melodmelod Frets: 136
    edited June 2020
    @melod It was, quite clearly in respect of a number of my decisions, inspired by PRS. The oiled neck puts it ahead of any PRS with a lacquered neck and it is, for me, better than any Custom 22 I’ve played. The piezo is great too, so I’d say it’s as good or better. And a fraction of the price of a new PRS.  
    Many thanks. I know you have had some nice Prs guitars so I value your input.

I will be giving Haydn a call this coming week.

edited June 2020
    @melod No problem. The last few years for me have been about trying as many guitars as I could to work out what I really like - mostly because it was pretty much the first time I have had enough cash to play with. And honestly had rarely thought about radius, scale, etc. PRS were as close as I got but there were things I preferred from other guitars, nearly got a Kiezel then went to Haydn. Zero regrets. 

Just setting off build #3 with him  o

My band, Red For Dissent
    If anybody is interested in Haydn’s work, I’ve just watched this and it talks about getting a custom from him:

https://youtu.be/_kFzJMD2uJk

My band, Red For Dissent