Fender Custom Shop Prices

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17944
    tFB Trader
    I was looking at a CS Tele but given I'm not interested in something aged it's hard to justify the uptick from an AO given how bloody good they are.

Even if I factored in putting new pickups and getting it refretted I'd still be quids in.

As it is mine is bloody fantastic so I won't be changing anything.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14865
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:
    I agree, I agree...but...

I have just ordered a brand new Custom Shop Tele...could resist no longer...Excalibur will be mine.
    There you are....there's still people about with money! What did you go for? I'm still hovering over the Broadcaster's but there's not been that many in to the UK yet...and probably won't be now. 
    Interesting about the static issues with the Lush Closets @guitars4you  ;
    Not on all, but had it on one or two - Run your hand along the finish and you can hear it - Need better techs than me to say why and how to cure
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12065
    I was looking at a CS Tele but given I'm not interested in something aged it's hard to justify the uptick from an AO given how bloody good they are.

Even if I factored in putting new pickups and getting it refretted I'd still be quids in.

As it is mine is bloody fantastic so I won't be changing anything.
    Bought a used MIM with CS69 pickups already so I’m good to go  =)
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14013
    edited June 2020
    Strat54 said:

I have just ordered a brand new Custom Shop Tele...could resist no longer...Excalibur will be mine.
    There you are....there's still people about with money! What did you go for? I'm still hovering over the Broadcaster's but there's not been that many in to the UK yet...and probably won't be now. 
    Interesting about the static issues with the Lush Closets @guitars4you  ;;
    This one:

Will be Marmite for some but just listen to it! I'm quite picky with specs and this ticks all the boxes:

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12065
    GAK have upped their game in video production!
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8221
    Strat54 said:

Interesting about the static issues with the Lush Closets @guitars4you  ;;
    This one:

Will be Marmite for some but just listen to it! I'm quite picky with specs and this ticks all the boxes:

Jeeeeez @RandallFlagg that is a stunning guitar. Congrats. Wow.

Does it have the 4 way selector too?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    edited June 2020
    Hattigol said:
    Strat54 said:

Interesting about the static issues with the Lush Closets @guitars4you  ;;;
    This one:

Jeeeeez @RandallFlagg that is a stunning guitar. Congrats. Wow.

Does it have the 4 way selector too?
    No, it has the standard 3 way toggle but with dual stack 250k/500k pots for the correct value for the humbucker and single coil. Pickups are a Seymour Duncan Seth Lover neck humbucker and hand wound Texas Special bridge.

Will be here early next week.

• rossirossi Frets: 1713
    Wait until the economy downturn  really kicks  in .It hasnt yet .When the Government prop  gets kicked  away the bargains will appear .We have all been there so its not worth getting on some false high horse .It will be a fact .Mortgage /guitar ? Been there done it and couldnt afford the T shirt .So wait  a few months
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    rossi said:
    Wait until the economy downturn  really kicks  in .It hasnt yet .When the Government prop  gets kicked  away the bargains will appear .We have all been there so its not worth getting on some false high horse .It will be a fact .Mortgage /guitar ? Been there done it and couldnt afford the T shirt .So wait  a few months

I'm not sure that's true.

Covid restrictions will make everything harder to manufacture and therefore more expensive. However bad the economy gets you can't sell stuff at a loss.

When I was looking for my guitar most shops were saying if they didn't have it in stock then they couldn't get it because factories have been closed.

Also given that you can't go anywhere guitars are an obvious thing to funnel your disposable income into.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • hoopshoops Frets: 235
    @RandallFlagg that is awesome!!!!
    hoops said:
    Cheers, super stoked, look out for an NGD next week.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9724
    hoops said:
    Cheers, super stoked, look out for an NGD next week.
    Now THAT'S what Im talking about !

A gorgeous reliced Tele ! Congrats mate, its a belter =)
    edited June 2020 tFB Trader
    rossi said:

Covid restrictions will make everything harder to manufacture and therefore more expensive. However bad the economy gets you can't sell stuff at a loss.

When I was looking for my guitar most shops were saying if they didn't have it in stock then they couldn't get it because factories have been closed.

Also given that you can't go anywhere guitars are an obvious thing to funnel your disposable income into.
    Agree with your reply/comments - Unlikely to be a surplus of stock for a while, hence the need to 'job out' stock - From what I'm hearing with in the guitar trade is all about ultra low production levels for a while yet, especially the USA
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1713
    rossi said:

I am talking about used guitar from private sellers
    tFB Trader
    rossi said:
    rossi said:

At least at the moment stuff seems to be shifting on the classifieds pretty well.

A lot of traffic is people flipping and there are a lot of bored stuck at home people out there. Also if you can't buy new it pushes up the used prices.

I've got two guitars in the last couple of weeks, but I haven't spent anything.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    rossi said:
    rossi said:

I can see that if you've lost your job, bills to pay etc etc, then you might need to sell cheaper for a quick sale - But equally if shops are short of new stock and GAS still exists then used gear sales might be buoyant
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2461
    @RandallFlagg Great looking Tele, nice spec. Can't go wrong with that. Love those saddles.too. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Strat54 said:
    @RandallFlagg Great looking Tele, nice spec. Can't go wrong with that. Love those saddles.too. 

Thanks. I saw this video on the RSD bridge and saddles, Is it really the case that these are machines and polished individually by hand like shown? 

I would have expected some mass production method.

https://youtu.be/A5eXmiTVIbI

• barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 643
    Thanks. I saw this video on the RSD bridge and saddles, Is it really the case that these are machines and polished individually by hand like shown? 

I would have expected some mass production method.
    They've been pestered to make the RSD Jazzmaster bridge available to buy separately but can't for that reason (and obviously they want to keep some cool stuff exclusive to the Custom Shop).
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    rossi said:

Agree with your reply/comments - Unlikely to be a surplus of stock for a while, hence the need to 'job out' stock - From what I'm hearing with in the guitar trade is all about ultra low production levels for a while yet, especially the USA
    Just heard the same from Yamaha music division. Going to be a very slow 3rd/4th quarter in terms of stock availability. Even strings are in short supply back down the supply chain from some of the major players. On the other hand some parts of the retail sector are faced with the difficulty of boosting cashflow, while others are saying that they have been super busy online. Who knows where this will end up.