Busy day at the Peach office ...

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27982
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23635
    I didn't sit and watch 45 minutes of unboxing, but their storeroom looks enormous (although we may be seeing 90% of the entire place on that screen, I suppose).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JackobeanJackobean Frets: 668
    edited June 2020
    That order must be pushing 100k easily - they don't mess about.
    Watching an endless parade of identical sunburst Les Pauls does get a bit soporific,
    but I guess that says more about the British guitar buying public than Peach.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    edited June 2020

Strange as that may sound.

A video of 1 really good Les Paul gives me GAS, especially with some close ups, playing clean and gain.

A video of 20 really good Les Paul at 10 seconds each all looking the same deflates GAS.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 643
    Philly_Q said:
    I didn't sit and watch 45 minutes of unboxing, but their storeroom looks enormous (although we may be seeing 90% of the entire place on that screen, I suppose).
    If you can be bothered to look for it on YouTube, John did a video about the unit before they moved in however many years ago now. The shop bit stops where the loading bays are, if you've seen a picture of the exterior.

A video of 1 really good Les Paul gives me GAS, especially with some close ups, playing clean and gain.

A video of 20 really good Les Paul at 10 seconds each all looking the same deflates GAS.

I feel like that sometimes wandering round guitar shops.  What seemed so special in a picture on its own is now just one of a row of guitars hanging on a rack.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2250
    Jackobean said:
    Watching an endless parade of identical sunburst Les Pauls does get a bit soporific,
    Maybe UK buyers lack imagination
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7216
    Jackobean said:
    there was a BB 57 about two thirds in which was really worth the wait
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3021
    Jackobean said:

Completely agree, my takeaway from it was “Do we really need more burst Les Pauls ?”
    I’ve nothing against them it does feel like they’ve been done to death.
    That said, I’m not wired right, my favourite guitar on here at the moment is the tangerine metal flake B bender tele with white powder coated hardware, just needs a Tyler headstock and it would be perfect 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27749
    I’d rather see SGs. I want to love Les Pauls but I’ve never found one that clicks with me
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31951

Not strange at all, even the more pragmatic among us like to feel a bit of a connection with our favourite guitar and would rather not be reminded that 400 identical guitars squirt off the conveyor belt every day. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8221
    I watched all of it. They weren't the only ones with a cracking semi by the end of it either...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The camera was too far away, you could hardly see the guitars.    Good to see there is a good choice of Gibson in the UK.
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3176
    Point of order, on a quick look seemed to me each box had already been opened
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    I’d rather see SGs. I want to love Les Pauls but I’ve never found one that clicks with me
    I agree about Les Pauls, but although I love SGs I've never owned a really great one.  And I wish they were available in more colours!
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7025
    The idea of Gibson having 20 identical Les Pauls is the funniest yet. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27749
    Philly_Q said:
    I agree about Les Pauls, but although I love SGs I've never owned a really great one.  And I wish they were available in more colours!
    Carter Vintage have a gold one at the moment. I'm in lust.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24868
    Fishboy7 said:
    Jackobean said:
    Maybe UK buyers lack imagination
    Guitarists lack imagination.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7216
    Philly_Q said:

that is very smart
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16293
    I wonder if serious violinists get the same buzz out of 20 good violins ?
    Philly_Q said:

Not only does that look awesome, I've just looked at their website and it says it has a '50s neck profile!

I've just had a severe attack of GAS.  And it's my birthday.