Busy day at the Peach office ...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I’d rather see SGs. I want to love Les Pauls but I’ve never found one that clicks with me
    I agree about Les Pauls, but although I love SGs I've never owned a really great one.  And I wish they were available in more colours!
    Carter Vintage have a gold one at the moment. I'm in lust.

Not only does that look awesome, I've just looked at their website and it says it has a '50s neck profile!

I've just had a severe attack of GAS.  And it's my birthday.
    Dew It
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7216
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I’d rather see SGs. I want to love Les Pauls but I’ve never found one that clicks with me
    I agree about Les Pauls, but although I love SGs I've never owned a really great one.  And I wish they were available in more colours!

Not only does that look awesome, I've just looked at their website and it says it has a '50s neck profile!

happy birthday!!

but keep ya god damn paws off my SG!!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 778
    Andertons have some interesting SG standards for pre order. Olive Drab, Shell pink.
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 643
    Dominic said:
    I wonder if serious violinists get the same buzz out of 20 good violins ?
    Many would, but most serious violinists can barely afford a single violin that they'd describe as 'good'! Not unusual for pro players to own an instrument worth more than they make in a year, paid for by some combination of cash, loans and grants. Or to play an instrument that isn't theirs at all, lent to them by some moneybags 'patron of the arts'.

String players are often way crazier than the guitar people who get accused of cork-sniffing. The belief that old is better is deeply ingrained. It's a self-perpetuating thing, though, because if you're spending an ungodly sum on an instrument, you don't want it to depreciate, and old violins/violas/cellos/basses from recognised makers are regarded as a safer bet than a more affordable new instrument, however good.
  • PeachyJackPeachyJack Frets: 15
    Hey folks, Jack from Peach here - just wanted to throw this video in the mix, for anyone who may have missed, or couldn’t be bothered to sift through the entire live stream from yesterday! Here’s the pro-shot of the unboxing - https://youtu.be/voGrsmt_M_o

For what it’s worth, I got to play each and every one of the guitars today for our listing videos, which should be online soon, so you can see and hear them all. Honestly, some of the very best Gibsons I’ve ever played...

Enjoy!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204

Strange as that may sound.

A video of 1 really good Les Paul gives me GAS, especially with some close ups, playing clean and gain.

A video of 20 really good Les Paul at 10 seconds each all looking the same deflates GAS.

A cure?! For GAS?!?! No way......
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    Hey folks, Jack from Peach here - just wanted to throw this video in the mix, for anyone who may have missed, or couldn’t be bothered to sift through the entire live stream from yesterday! Here’s the pro-shot of the unboxing - https://youtu.be/voGrsmt_M_o

For what it’s worth, I got to play each and every one of the guitars today for our listing videos, which should be online soon, so you can see and hear them all. Honestly, some of the very best Gibsons I’ve ever played...

Enjoy!
    Hi,

Thanks for dropping by and the video.  I really appreciate it (I do).  

Please do some close up and playing, pretty please!!!!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23635
    tony99 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:

happy birthday!!

Thanks.  Are you going to buy it?  I think I'll do the sensible thing and just save the pictures.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8221

Enjoy!
    @PeachyJack Love your playing, buddy! Your chops on a CS Jazzmaster inspired me to buy it. Cheers  =)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • What would I do for a really fun colour affordable nitro les paul.

Like a studio, but bright blue, or yellow, or something. 

That said, I watched that vid @PeachyJack and now I'm sad that past-prettydamned didn't save harder... 
    What would I do for a really fun colour affordable nitro les paul.

Like a studio, but bright blue, or yellow, or something. 

That said, I watched that vid @PeachyJack and now I'm sad that past-prettydamned didn't save harder... 
    there's a lovely TV yellow standard on ebay
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2243
    Just shows, all this belief that there is "the one" guitar, it's actually more like a conveyor belt of mass production. 

I'd love to know how many CS guitars Gibson bash out a day vs the number of builders. Doesn't make them any less good, but puts in to perspective how "lovingly" made these things really are. 

I read an article with Chris Martin III recently. all he spoke about, was finding ways to increase production, as efficientcey, not all out quality, is the key to a successful company in this sector. Focus on quality too much and you loose money basically, you only need to keep it to a level that is acceptable to job public. 

Collings is in my opinion the best high production maker out there now. Their balance seems to be just right. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    tony99 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:

happy birthday!!

Thanks.  Are you going to buy it?  I think I'll do the sensible thing and just save the pictures.
    nah probably not mate, just jokes

although the yellow ones andertons are gonna get could sway me...
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2957
    Only watched for a few mins but my thought was - the hard cases are a horrible colour.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom