Your favourite Rory Gallagher moments...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• relic245relic245 Frets: 988
    I always like Morning Sun by taste, I'm guessing that's what it's called it's been a long time since I heard it.

Stand out moments, a million miles away from Irish tour.

bull frog blues.

Shin kicker live version.

And most other things really.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    Messin with the Kid on Live in Europe and that whole pinch harmonics run in Walk on Hot Coals on Irish Tour... all of Irish Tour. I love Deuce too. What a player!
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Messin with the Kid on Live in Europe and that whole pinch harmonics run in Walk on Hot Coals on Irish Tour... all of Irish Tour. I love Deuce too. What a player!
    Irish Tour is amazing... potentially my favourite live album ever recorded by any artist!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    I listened to IT last night after reading this thread.. the little clicks and volume/tone swells that pepper the whole thing are a wonder. I love how he weaves his modal magic while remaining incredibly bluesy. Lovely solo on Tatoo'd Lady.. even better than I remember.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7362
    when he plugs into his BOSS ME-5 live at Rockpalast for the start of Bad Penny!

check it out on my webpage...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
  • In the Taste days it was just a treble boost :) But things move on.
    Aye, one of those Rangemaster jobbies.

Simple setups for the win. Unless you're in a covers band, then you need a pedal for all occasions! *sigh*
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 3012
    tFB Trader

Before I started to play, age about 16 in the late 70s, I saw him on't telly - no idea what the program/gig was but the sounds, the guitar, the one-ness with audience made it one of those landmark 'want to play guitar' things in my brain cell.
    Soon I got a guitar and played the shite out of Irish Tour, still got the album but it's pretty worn out.

Also there was a radio session he did, praps for Fluff Freeman, I taped that on my comedy radio-cassette player. Wonder if that got released anywhere.

• SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I always liked him playing the 'Burst.
    :-S

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16453
    Corvus;277891" said:
    Before I started to play, age about 16 in the late 70s, I saw him on't telly - no idea what the program/gig was but the sounds, the guitar, the one-ness with audience made it one of those landmark 'want to play guitar' things in my brain cell.

Soon I got a guitar and played the shite out of Irish Tour, still got the album but it's pretty worn out.Also there was a radio session he did, praps for Fluff Freeman, I taped that on my comedy radio-cassette player. Wonder if that got released anywhere.
    There was certainly an album of BBC sessions released.

Not sure I have a favourite Rory moment but I remember being blown away by the live Bullfrog Blues on a compilation album my brother had - just the energy. Same compilation that had Hocus Pocus on oddly enough, having just made it here from the Jan Ackerman Discussion.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.