NGD and 99.998 of you will hate it

What's Hot

Comments

• imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3860
    What, it’s not a Les Paul R-whatever?  :s

I’ve wanted a Jackson Kelly since around 1990, due to Marty Friedman. Approved. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3533
    Has two strings too many.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Early 90s metal head learning the guitar, the BC Rich was the cool one to aim for if you were into heavy heavy stuff.
    Just reminded me of this vid. In the 9 min mark or so, Max's BC Rich seems to have a different headstock than other's I've seen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV0ANDCNMWM

I love when folk take guitars that look like they're for 1 genre and use them for other, just like that blues player in the above pic.
    Bloody loved that! 
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1423
    @Strangefan yep, that's 33 mins of brilliance.
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    edited June 2020
    Need to take of the B and high E strings ;)
    tekbow said:
    Need to take of the B and high E strings ;)
    Ha, but then it won't be able to be my come by ya guitar :(
  • bananamanbananaman Frets: 191
    Another W.A.S.P. fan here. Love it.
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1615
    nothing wrong with a bit of BC Rich love! Enjoy.

here's mine.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 361
    Love it! HNGD.
    The first guitars I lusted after were Blackie Lawless's Warlock and the white Jackson Rhodes that Chris Holmes used with the tiger paint job. I'm gonna crank Live...in the Raw in the car tomorrow!!
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5606
    I used to have a white Warlock and it was all Max Cavalera's fault!
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    Not a guitar I would go for, but those original BC Rich are fantastic things. Always loved the one ( can't remember the model ) with loads of switching options. It looked like a lot of fun.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73086
    artiebear said:
    Not a guitar I would go for, but those original BC Rich are fantastic things. Always loved the one ( can't remember the model ) with loads of switching options. It looked like a lot of fun.
    Mockingbird.

Just to show I’m not a hater, I like those :). I just don’t like the Satan’s Can-opener shapes as Stonevibe so perfectly described them - although I could see that name being quite attractive to the people who like them ;).

By the way - if you didn’t know this, the ones with the angled cut directly behind the tailpiece like markblack’s are derived from the earlier 10-string and 12-string designs with the tuners for the extra strings there...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• markblackmarkblack Frets: 1615
    edited June 2020

ten strings and more knobs than (insert a political party, football team, band here)

go big or go home.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73086
    edited June 2020
    markblack said:

That’s horrendous.

... how on earth did they get the bridge pickup as crooked as that?!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23697

The Mockingbird was always the one which appealed to me the most, perhaps due to Rick Derringer playing one, and an old Guitar Player cover story with Craig Chaquico. 

And I have actually got a Mockingbird.  It looks like the USA models with the "R" logo, natural finish, neck-through with flame maple wings, lots of switches etc but apparently it's some kind of prototype model, made in Japan.

I like the other early models too - the Bich (10 string) and Eagle, not so much the Seagull.  Not so keen on the metal guitars but I think the Warlock's the best of them.

• FezFez Frets: 547
    Looks great to me HNGD
    Don't touch that dial.
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    edited June 2020
    Fantastic!!! I love it.

It appears to be very well preserved for its age. Most have chips off their pointy extremities.

I have two models with widow headstock - a Platinum Series with tremolo system (mint condition), and a Bronze Series hardtail (used, with a tiny chip on one headstock horn, otherwise very good condition) - both in metallic black.

PS: Be careful that you do not damage the paint and lower body pointy bits.  
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    This is my mates left hander that he neglected! It was rough as when I got hold of it....the clay bar, polish and wax treatment later she came up a beaut. The guitar is a affectionately known as chlamydia and has been walled to the studio. I think it gets some sweet sounds, and totally agree that it's good for funk with your eyes shut. 
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    @ICBM  @Stonevibe  "|I just don’t like the Satan’s Can-opener shapes as Stonevibe so perfectly described them"

What a great 
    description  :)
    rocktron said:
    Fantastic!!! I love it.

It appears to be very well preserved for its age. Most have chips off their pointy extremities.

I have two models with widow headstock - a Platinum Series with tremolo system (mint condition), and a Bronze Series hardtail (used, with a tiny chip on one headstock horn, otherwise very good condition) - both in metallic black.

PS: Be careful that you do not damage the paint and lower body pointy bits.  

Its not bad at all the points have a few tiny chips but over all its in nice condition, woth original gotoh machine heads and jap pickups, it really needs a deep clean tho but at thr lo I'm just enjoying playing it,