NGD and 99.998 of you will hate it

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1333
    Awesome score! I saw Sepultura in mid 90s too, they were touring with Roots album at the time.
    They remain on of my fave bands ever despite myself being also into jazz and classical stuff.
    There's no single day my 3 year old lad wouldn't ask me to play 'Territory' for him ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    KrisGee said:
    Awesome score! I saw Sepultura in mid 90s too, they were touring with Roots album at the time.
    They remain on of my fave bands ever despite myself being also into jazz and classical stuff.
    There's no single day my 3 year old lad wouldn't ask me to play 'Territory' for him ;)
    What a tune! I will be learning chaos ad in its entirety 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    Not sure that would look quite right in the soul / R&B bands I’m in. Or look right on me full stop imo ;) 

I actually think it would look cool for funk. At least it's not got the silly headstock. 
    James "Super Chikan" Johnson might disagree :) !!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Chikan 

("James Super Chikan Johnson is a Delta blues musician, guitar maker and artist based in Clarksdale, Mississippi.")

Well I do wear a hat like that ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7391
    Sepultura were fucking awesome. Chaos Ad to Roots were pretty much permanent fixtures in my playlist for years. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    First soulfly record was also badass 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Totally agree.... Can't forget nail bomb.. 
  • It's awful but at the same time I'm glad that someone likes it. 
    Totally agree.... Can't forget nail bomb.. 
    Never really heard them..I mean I kinda did but never properly listened you know.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3860
    Sepultura were fucking awesome. Chaos Ad to Roots were pretty much permanent fixtures in my playlist for years. 
    No love for Arise?  My favourite of their albums, although those have some massive highlights.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2672
    I kind of yearned for Paul Chapman's Rich Bich, perhaps because of ALL THE SWITCHES, although apparently he had most of them disconnected because people would always reach up from the audience and fuck with his settings. You don't want people fucking with your settings, no. Also, he didn't bother with the extra four strings. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23696

Craig Chaquico had bits of tape on his Mockingbird showing where the switches and varitone should be pointing.

Compared with the Mockingbird, the Bich has two extra knobs and an extra switch.  No idea what they do.

Craig Chaquico on the cover of Guitar Player January 1982

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 491
    Good for you.

I've always had a soft spot for the Mockingbird and the 10-string Bich.
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1510
    I have a 78 Mockingbird with all the switches and pre-amp.  It;s actually a great guitar to play and balances really well

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1747
    PhilKing said:
    I have a 78 Mockingbird with all the switches and pre-amp.  It;s actually a great guitar to play and balances really well

The only bit I struggle with on mine is the Varitone - to my ears it just makes the guitar sound progressively less good. All the rest is great, preamp, splits and phase - all really useful and practical.

Like yours mine also plays brilliantly. When I got it back in 2007 (used), it was surprised how small and compact it was.

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1510
    Yes, I think there are perhaps 2 positions that sound good on it, depending which pickups are selected.  I did change the pickups on mine to Bare Knuckle Cold Sweats, but still have the original DiMarzios,  Mine is all mahogany and weighs about the same as an SG, so feels great to play.  I put strap locks on because I was worried about the strap button location.
    PhilKing said:

That's stunning. 
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4308
    Man, that is freakin awesome, love it MIJ is always a winner . Defo a keeper
      I’m remember blackie lawless playing one, sure CC Deville had one too , plus many more 80s icons . I used to have schizophrenia and arise by the seps , was more into sacred reich, anthrax, mega death,Metallica ,nuclear assault ,municipal waste, Slayer .in the thrash/speed genre 

I was one of the rare people who enjoyed thrash as well as Sleaze/glam/hair metal which is my main love.  Thanks for sharing your superb axe with us , I even remember seeing one in a film ,where a stranger comes to town and rights some wrongs , a kid in the film had one .

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23696

On my Mockingbird I like the series/parallel and phase switches, the varitone is indeed a "progressively less good" switch and the preamp sounds dreadful - but maybe the MIJ electronics aren't as good as the USA ones.

I did try to think of some kind of alternative onboard FX I could replace them with, but couldn't come up with anything - the most obvious contender was a mid-boost, but that seems pointless on a guitar with humbuckers.

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4308
    Philly_Q said:

Craig Chaquico had bits of tape on his Mockingbird showing where the switches and varitone should be pointing.

Compared with the Mockingbird, the Bich has two extra knobs and an extra switch.  No idea what they do.

Craig Chaquico on the cover of Guitar Player January 1982

I remember him on one of the competition pages in guitar player or guitar world and you could win a charvette , I thought wow that’s a cool guitar i want one like that. I sold my dynarod orange one for about £60 mid 90s quick sale for cash , gave mum and dad some as spending money for holidays msx don’t really regret it 
    Man, that is freakin awesome, love it MIJ is always a winner . Defo a keeper
      I’m remember blackie lawless playing one, sure CC Deville had one too , plus many more 80s icons . I used to have schizophrenia and arise by the seps , was more into sacred reich, anthrax, mega death,Metallica ,nuclear assault ,municipal waste, Slayer .in the thrash/speed genre 

I was one of the rare people who enjoyed thrash as well as Sleaze/glam/hair metal which is my main love.  Thanks for sharing your superb axe with us , I even remember seeing one in a film ,where a stranger comes to town and rights some wrongs , a kid in the film had one .

I'm with you all the way. Any metal is good metal, i don't care what genre it comes under!