Controversial... but I think we need a Bump bucket

What's Hot

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2043
    There's nothing wrong with the classifieds. I don't need a Floyd rose equipped guitar right now, but in 6 months I may well do. If you've not come across a Zion and Melancon etc, you're not going to buy one upon first viewing and you'll research the field for a while beforehand.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5009
    I've had stuff sell after being on the classifieds for over a year.
    Ah but did you bump it once a week for 52 weeks?
    No, he probably bumped it 3 times a week as per the rules. If you don't like it, don't go in the Classifieds, see it's simple.....

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2591
    Boromedic said:
    No, he probably bumped it 3 times a week as per the rules. If you don't like it, don't go in the Classifieds, see it's simple.....
    Alright Mr Bump don't get your knickers in a twist :lol: 
    Boromedic said:
    Says the one who's been moaning all day about bumps in the classifieds.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    If we didn’t allow bumping, there would be an influx of “withdrawn” followed by relisting posts.

The rules delay bumping and that’s fair for all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14793
    If we didn’t allow bumping, there would be an influx of “withdrawn” followed by relisting posts.
    There is another theory that states that this has already happened.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12593
    Could we have another for sale category for stuff I’m not interested in which frankly gets in the way of the good stuff. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    There is another theory that states that this has already happened.
    If only people would flag these.... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2591
    Boromedic said:
    Boromedic said:
    Says the one who's been moaning all day about bumps in the classifieds.....
    You're waiting for me aren't you Mr Bumpmedic :lol: 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14793
    MikeS said:
    ... or you could just donate to the forum.
    Charging to advertise should prevent the facility being taken for granted and deter listings for minor and/or inexpensive stuff. 

On the other hand, some forumites’ days (and projects) have been made by finding some odd component through another member.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5460
    Also, what's minor and inexpensive to one person could be next week's groceries to another, at times.
  • edenfield99edenfield99 Frets: 349
    edited June 2020
    Jimbro66 said:
    I think there should be a limit on wtb threads, or at least a time limit between bumps. If you’re not getting a response after a week or two then probably no one is selling. 
    I think you are missing a point. There may or may not be someone selling here during the week or two but there is a nice community of members here who are willing to look out for the wanted item which is very helpful. There is also the situation where someone decides a few weeks later that perhaps they might sell their guitar, amp, whatever after all and remember someone wanted one but can they find that thread? No chance. It would be a trillion pages down and the Vanilla search facility Is woeful. So WTB bumps are useful and if they bother you -  don’t read them
    I really meant a time limit between bumps...sometimes people are bumping every other day for weeks. 
    And also it’s probably because every time I put a wtb thread up I get bored of waiting and buy one new after a few days...I’m jealous people have the patience  :)
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8851
    prlgmnr said:
    How about a rule where if you post a thread suggesting something, and then everyone replies and says "no that's a terrible idea", you're not allowed to just repeat the same idea again at the bottom of the page.
    That would stop quite a few posts in our Coronavirus and P&E sections
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12520
    LPManic said:
    It would be much more useful to be able to sort search results in the classifieds by date.
    You actually can do that, but it needs to be done via the advanced search function, which isn’t do-able on the mobile version of site as far as I can work out. If you go to the full site and select advanced search there’s a “most recent” button which then sorts the posts. 
    You can do it from your mobile too, you just have to tilt your phone when you access advanced search. It's clunky but it works.

Boromedic said:
    You can do it from your mobile too, you just have to tilt your phone when you access advanced search. It's clunky but it works.
    The advanced search option doesn’t even come up as an option for me on the mobile site. I’m a complete technoklutz though, so could well be user error.  :#
    edited June 2020
    DrBob said:
    Yep me too. In fact I had one where I’d sold it, got sellers remorse, bought it back and then re sold it from an enquiry on the original for sale ad nearly a year later 
    Cough**CAE wah **.  :)
    boogieman said:
    Boromedic said:
    The advanced search option doesn’t even come up as an option for me on the mobile site. I’m a complete technoklutz though, so could well be user error.  :#
    If you click search on the top blue bar, then click the grey word above the seach box it brings up the advanced search. Like I say, clunky but it works, lol

Boromedic said:
    boogieman said:
    Boromedic said:
    If you click search on the top blue bar, then click the grey word above the seach box it brings up the advanced search. Like I say, clunky but it works, lol
    Oooh ta, I’ll try that. 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13052
    I don't think I've ever been on a forum where there wasn't a subset of users who didn't massively overthink the classifieds section.

The classifieds are absolutely fine right now. If you see people breaking the rules, flag it (the mods aren't psychic). 

If you want a classifieds section where there are RULES that are strictly enforced then a free classifieds on a free forum run by volunteers is never going to satisfy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom