eBay Bargain R8

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    And agreed. New wiring harness makes a big difference in these.  If you could snag it for a good price, then upgrade the pickup covers, plasitcs, harness, inlays and it will be as good as any 2019. Model. Imho
    That's a bold statement on the basis of a photograph. I've had Gibson guitars that had the 'right' spec and were underwhelming, while earlier guitars were fantastic. No one has any idea whether this guitar's any good without playing it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1426
    edited June 2020
    Yes I agree with @Brize. Having played a quite a lot of them from all years I have found the 2013 onwards models tend to sound better both acoustically and plugged in, though I have come across some real dogs too. I emailed Mark at Mark’s Guitar Loft in the US about the pre/post 2013 changes and he seems to think you’re more likely to find a good model from 2013 onwards than before but that you get great guitars from all years and, like @Brize says, you need to take each guitar on it’s own merits.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    hyperben said:
    Yes I agree with @Brize. Having played a quite a lot of them from all years I have found the 2013 onwards models tend to sound better both acoustically and plugged in, though I have come across some real dogs too. I emailed Mark at Mark’s Guitar Loft in the US about the pre/post 2013 changes and he seems to think you’re more likely to find a good model from 2013 onwards than before but that you get great guitars from all years and, like @Brize says, you need to take each guitar on it’s own merits.
    I agree with that - there's definitely something about the hide glue and lack of truss rod cover that makes the post-2013 guitars feel more alive. As you say, though, there will always be exceptions to the rule - the alchemy of wood and wire can't be captured in a spec sheet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14824
    tFB Trader
    I like the fact that

a) they claim it has only been out of the case 5 times - A simple fact that can't be proven !!

b) they claim more than once that it is new - It might be in mint, as new, showroom condition, but if they are a private individual selling it then it is legally USED !!!!!

Just dawned on me - My PRS has only been out of the case once in around 15 years - But has spent all that time out of the case, on a wall hanger and played most days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it doesn't look new
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom