Dive bombs without whammy bar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4265
    axisus said:
    That's the same interview I was thinking of - it wasn't with Ozzy, it was with Jake. I don't have the magazine any more though!
    Yeah, that's what I was saying, an interview with Jake about him joining Ozzy for the Ultimate sin album, then some chat about his techniques sans whammy bar. I don't like Ozzy's voice at all personally, but there was so cool guitar playing on that album.
     Yep; it's just that I'd posted earlier about it being an interview with Ozzy, but I'd remembered it wrongly.

If you like Jake's playing then the Badlands albums are pretty good (hard to get hold of now though), and also his recent Red Dragon Cartel stuff
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2679
    Although it's more Country-style, there's always: 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jake E Lee does a lot of bending just using the tuning pegs: I remember reading an interview with Ozzy where he was dubious that Jake would be able to play all of Randy's parts without a trem, but he nailed it.

I haven't watched the videos here, but there's also fretting a lower note, bending up to the note you want and slowly releasing the bend. That works particularly well on the bottom string around the 2nd-5th frets in my experience...
    I didn't know that. Is that how he does the dive bomb into the chorus in bark at the moon?
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4265
    Jake E Lee does a lot of bending just using the tuning pegs: I remember reading an interview with Ozzy where he was dubious that Jake would be able to play all of Randy's parts without a trem, but he nailed it.

I haven't watched the videos here, but there's also fretting a lower note, bending up to the note you want and slowly releasing the bend. That works particularly well on the bottom string around the 2nd-5th frets in my experience...
    I didn't know that. Is that how he does the dive bomb into the chorus in bark at the moon?

I guess so, since in the interview he said he only uses hardtails, never a trem...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)