Tele: I like it
    Mustang: I like it
    Ibanez: I like it
    Larrivee: I like it
    Washburn: I like it

etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    I was poor. Now I'm not. They make me happy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19537
    Justify:  'To declare or make righteous in the sight of God'.

Nope, don't feel the need, God's big enough & old enough to sort his own guitar related stuff out.

• FezFez Frets: 547
    Music is my hobby guitars are my weapon of choice there are plenty of worse things I could do with my time and money like gambling, that is all the justification I need.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17944
    tFB Trader
    I wanted it so I bought it X 3
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3726

Nope, don't feel the need, God's big enough & old enough to sort his own guitar related stuff out.

But does he have is own signature guitar?
  • melodmelod Frets: 136
    People justify 30-50k cars that get driven to the supermarket and kids karate class and we have to justify the guitars? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1362
    Circa 2000 I bought a custom colour 62 Jazz bass for me and a Vauxhall Astra for my wife. They cost about he same. I'm glad that of the two, I still have the JB. The reverse scenario would be a matter for regret. I have made a number of similar acquisitions since, all retained, including an l series Strat a only couple of weeks ago.

I will be candid, I am not finding the guilt too much of a burden.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    American Standard Strat SSS - For when I want clarity, particularly for clean sounds, where the thinness of single coils works well.

American Standard Strat HH - For when I want chunkiness, particularly for dirty sounds, where the thickness of humbuckers works well.

PRS Bernie Marsden - Originally bought for the HH option above before I realised I just love the Am Std Strat so much that I want my guitar to always feel like that regardless what sound option I was going for. If I was starting again I wouldn't buy this one and could get by happily with just the two above but it's such a lovely quality guitar that in decades to come I'd rather just keep it than have had a few hundred quid that will be spent in no time. That's really the only reason I have for keeping it. Put some P90s in it so it at least is offering something more different to the HH Strat for any time I do give it a shot.

Can't see myself wanting any other electric guitars at this point. For basses, though, there are still a few different models I want to experience for a while (either buy to possibly sell or borrow for a good few weeks) to see what I want my tonal pallet to consist of.

But with 6-string guitars I've had plenty of experience with any options I had in mind and can get any electric sound I'm after from what I've already got.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34011
    Honey badger don't give a fuck....

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73180
    Justify? I don’t even play guitar in a band now, and I have six guitars.

Basses on the other hand... I have a fretted which I use with the band, a fretless I use with a different project, and a five-string I bought because... er... I think it was because I liked the colour.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    If I'm being less flippant, the Gibson SG does the double humbucker thing, the Strat does its own thing, the Mustang does the short scale fun, and the Epi Les Paul is a repair that would be worthless to anyone else. The Telecaster is on the block since the Strat arrived. Also have an acoustic.

There is an element of my first response about it though: I like it, and a music room in my basement makes me happy. I know it doesn't make me a better player (although it makes more inclined to pick up and play).
    octatonic said:

That one to the left of the black Tele / in front of the white Strat looks very interesting.

Like a big bit of toast (in a good way).
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1661

Suthn. Baptist Preacher mode on >
    All my guitars are Righteous.
    off >

Job done :)
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2053
    edited July 2020
    Les Paul
    Stratocaster
    Telecaster
    Superstrat
    Custom 22-Type (Luxury)
    Dreadnought
    Concert 
    Precision
    Jazz
    Modern / Studio 

I need to switch my Jazz or Modern / Studio Bass for a Jazz Box and then I'm done....But I don't have anything Double Locking. :/

Schnozz said:
    Les Paul
    Stratocaster
    Telecaster
    Superstrat
    Custom 22-Type (Luxury)
    Dreadnought
    Concert 
    Precision
    Jazz
    Modern / Studio 

I need to switch my Jazz or Modern / Studio Bass for a Jazz Box and then I'm done....But I don't have anything Double Locking. :/

You've listed basses alongside guitars, do you not believe in segregation?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5012
    'cos I want them.
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4269
    My first thought on reading this thread was “Superstrats... one with a Floyd, one hardtail”, but now I’m conflicted about justifying them when I don’t need to.

My name is Kerry and I like superstrats.

There, how’s that?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34011
    thegummy said:
    octatonic said:

That one to the left of the black Tele / in front of the white Strat looks very interesting.

Like a big bit of toast (in a good way).
    I refer to it as the Naancaster.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    Because I'm worth it.