0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3856
    merlin said:
    Amazing song/album! 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7134
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:
    Not as harmful as that 2 pack stuff that contains cyanide.
    As I know from bitter experience.
    I'm assuming (hoping) that's a joke? Not sure whether to LOL or Wow!

As a teenager I did once make a small amount of hydrogen cyanide and yes it did smell of bitter almonds.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30321
    Sassafras said:

As a teenager I did once make a small amount of hydrogen cyanide and yes it did smell of bitter almonds.
    I used to be a panel beater and some of the stuff we used could only be sprayed in a special booth while wearing a sort of diving suit. The 2 pack contained some sort of cyanate compound that certainly wasn't healthy. I left shortly after the muck was introduced. My hair started thinning and my nails went all chalky and brittle.
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2993
    tFB Trader
    2k contains isocyanates in the activator. Causes reactions mild or severe, seems to vary person to person, and can build up sensitisation. I knew one person who ended up in A&E after collapsing with respiratory failure after using bad-fitting disposable masks, his wife found him passed out. And one other who did what he called a 'face plant'.
    I have a pressure-fed breathing mask and separate compressor to feed it. A mate who's been spraying for decades only uses chuckaway masks yet is fine, his extraction is decent but only basic fans. Seems to be some luck who's affected badly or not.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7134
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:
    Sassafras said:

I used to be a panel beater and some of the stuff we used could only be sprayed in a special booth while wearing a sort of diving suit. The 2 pack contained some sort of cyanate compound that certainly wasn't healthy. I left shortly after the muck was introduced. My hair started thinning and my nails went all chalky and brittle.
    Wow, that's awful. I hope you recovered? Yes as Bill says icocyanates in 2-pack finishes are pretty nasty.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    AK99 said:
    This is the stuff that we should all be concerned about. Lots of it around California but it is everywhere  :o
    https://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
    You had me up until I came to this bit..

A recent stunning revelation is that in every single instance of violence involving guns, both in the U.S. and internationally, Dihydrogen Monoxide was involved. 

:)
    Me too until ...

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2427
    ^^^
    All chemicals should, sensibly, be banned so that everyone can avoid all risk

And also all bacteria everywhere should be eradicated.....

Nitro's probably ok though :-)