NGD - Because everybody needs at least one... (initial impressions)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• NikcNikc Frets: 629
    edited July 2020
    Like that a lot

could do with a maple neck and a blonde body with a black guard - joking obv's..... not :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10916
    Stunning
  • The combination of the burgundy mist colour, white pickguiard, rosewood fretboard and steel saddles seriously works!
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14012
    JT96 said:
    That's lovely, I love a bound Tele, well done.

Can I ask an odd question, where do the tone/volume knob screw holes point with your controls fully turned up?
    Thank you! The holes point directly up towards me! Any reason in particular?
    Just curious, I've just bought a Tele and the holes on mine face straight down when the controls are fully up. I've not had a Tele for quite a while and can't remember if there is a default position to set them. I guess not as I think my old Tele that is used through the 80s had them set to point backwards towards the control plate screw when fully up.

i guess it depends on who fits them on the day at the factory.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2179
    That's a gorgeous colour, congratulations 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7027
    I hate teles. That looks gorgeous. HNGD. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • AlexlotlAlexlotl Frets: 185
    JT96 said:

Can I ask an odd question, where do the tone/volume knob screw holes point with your controls fully turned up?
    Just curious, I've just bought a Tele and the holes on mine face straight down when the controls are fully up. I've not had a Tele for quite a while and can't remember if there is a default position to set them. I guess not as I think my old Tele that is used through the 80s had them set to point backwards towards the control plate screw when fully up.

On my 2016 American Standard, the screwholes point up at the exact middle position of each pot, which I find very useful for the tone knob, as I start there then season to taste (usually ending up about 2/3rds to 3/4 on). Makes sense to me - you know where full/minimum are, as that's where the pots stop, so may as well use the one marker available to indicate the half-way point.

That said, I love the lack of numbers on the tele pots. It encourages you to just turn them to where they sound good rather than thinking about exact numbers.

To the OP: gorgeous looking Tele, jealous of that binding!
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3705
    That is gorgeous!

Burgundy mist is such a great colour.

• Bootiful Guitar, enjoy
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 916
    JT96 said:

I have the same issue with the logos on the hubs of my car wheels. In the brochure photo they were all facing up, but mine are all over the place, and sometimes they change whenever I drive it. Really annoying!
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    Oh my !!!!!!
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback