NGD for £5 - PRS CE24 Semi Hollow!

What's Hot
DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2185
A friend of mine entered a raffle at yourdreamguitar.co.uk... I figured it's worth a punt and I'd kick myself if he won and I didn't bother entering for a fiver.

I completely forgot all about it! I got a message on Monday night from my friend saying...."i didnt win...but I think you might have, did you enter?" Taken aback, I checked my email and then the draw video from Facebook and sure enough I had won.

Today it turned up! I haven't had chance to play it yet, it's still sinking in. It's a PRS CE24 Semi Hollow in burnt amber..a £2k guitar that I won in a £5 raffle! Mental!

I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 73reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 1025
    You lucky f&%€er!

Looks awesome, Black/gold finish?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Wowzers, nice one.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2185
    duotone said:
    You lucky f&%€er!

Looks awesome, Black/gold finish?
    It's called burnt amber i believe.
    Wowzers, nice one.

Cheers mate.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    That's amazing! I saw adverts for that site but didn't know if it was a scam or not - clearly not. May have to enter!
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3430
    I'll give you a tenner for it ;-)

Nice work, you lucky, lucky bugger!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    DrJazzTap said:
    A friend of mine entered a raffle at yourdreamguitar.co.uk... I figured it's worth a punt and I'd kick myself if he won and I didn't bother entering for a fiver.

I completely forgot all about it! I got a message on Monday night from my friend saying...."i didnt win...but I think you might have, did you enter?" Taken aback, I checked my email and then the draw video from Facebook and sure enough I had won.

Today it turned up! I haven't had chance to play it yet, it's still sinking in. It's a PRS CE24 Semi Hollow in burnt amber..a £2k guitar that I won in a £5 raffle! Mental!

It's a good job you enrolled in that dentistry school just last week, that could have been embarrassing
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    Excellent Swag !!!!!
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Holy shit, that's awesome!

I've often been tempted by some of these raffles, but I've always had in the back of my mind that they could be some kind of scam and that the "winners" are all stooges. Way to prove me wrong!!  =)
    That's amazing! I saw adverts for that site but didn't know if it was a scam or not - clearly not. May have to enter!

To be fairthe people who run the competition did ask me to post a comment on the facebook page to help people understand it's not a scam. As they've had a few people who think it is.

A friend of my boss won a £122k Aston Martin, so these things must get won by somebody. It still hasnt sunk in!
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    Congrats man!  That looks well fab too!  I had a CE22 many moons ago, the ones with the rotary knob and I always regret moving it on.  HNGD!
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1112
    Great finish! 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14834
    Soon to appear on a bedroom dealer’s eBay shop, priced £2500! ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020
    preston61 said:
    DrJazzTap said:

It's a good job you enrolled in that dentistry school just last week, that could have been embarrassing

Would you believe it's my second core model PRS? If this is half as good as the DGT then I'm a happy man.
  • Plenty of these sweepstake things around now, seems fun if you fancy a flutter.

I joined a group and got the app for one, and there are some folks who have spent hundreds on them - they'd have just as well saved up and bought a guitar! Still, if you're having fun... 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7225
    wow, the strings alone must be worth that
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    I think you're going to buck the 'new guitar depreciation' trend on this one. Congrats - it looks great.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17003
    Good to know its legit.   I guess there is some easy money in it for them if they manage to sell all tickets
    Plenty of these sweepstake things around now, seems fun if you fancy a flutter.

I joined a group and got the app for one, and there are some folks who have spent hundreds on them - they'd have just as well saved up and bought a guitar! Still, if you're having fun... 

Yeah that's it though mate, I don't gamble at all. I just figured for the sake of £5 it's worth a punt. I was curious about the CE24 Semi hollow, and had thought about part exchanging the DGT plus cash for one. I had a Tokai ES130 and sold that to get some money in. I also thought that the 335 bodyshape was a bit too big and delicate for me, so I was keen to get another semi acoustic electric again.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    WezV said:
    Good to know its legit.   I guess there is some easy money in it for them if they manage to sell all tickets
     I think it was something like 600 tickets at £5 a pop, works out at £3000 overall. Minus the cost of the guitar/shipping and insurance they will make a few quid on it. More power to them.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    I once won a bottle of British sherry in a raffle. It's a wonderful feeling.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom