NGD for £5 - PRS CE24 Semi Hollow!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2185
    Greatape said:
    DrJazzTap said:
    Some guys have all the luck. Best thing I ever won was a ticket to Wacken. Nice guitar!

Mate I've been to Wacken twice, that is nothing to sniff at! I think i ate 24 bratwurst in one weekend.
    That's a whole heap of sausage 

i think it was 12, can't have been 24 that's mental. I remember drinking a lot of beer.

DrJazzTap said:
    Some guys have all the luck. Best thing I ever won was a ticket to Wacken. Nice guitar!

Mate I've been to Wacken twice, that is nothing to sniff at! I think i ate 24 bratwurst in one weekend.
    Did you see any band in between all those bratwurst?

From memory Motorhead, Dio, Saxon, Children of Bodom. I was into a bit of thrash metal in my youth but I had grown out of, mainly went for shits and giggles. So much stonewashed denim.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTap said:
    Greatape said:
    DrJazzTap said:

That's a whole heap of sausage 

i think it was 12, can't have been 24 that's mental. I remember drinking a lot of beer.

DrJazzTap said:

Did you see any band in between all those bratwurst?

From memory Motorhead, Dio, Saxon, Children of Bodom. I was into a bit of thrash metal in my youth but I had grown out of, mainly went for shits and giggles. So much stonewashed denim.

I remember the first time I was in Wacken, me and my friends had about 20 grams of speed with us. We were camping next to some kind of "heavy metal club" that had tons of beer and vodka with them. They offered us to help ourselves for 30 Euros for the whole weekend. I doubt they´d ever seen a couple of guys drinking that much without passing out.

No bratwurst were eaten needless to say.
    Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Congratulations. Love that finish, more understated than the usual Prs look. Will be very interested to hear what you think of semi-hollow nature of this model.

Hey, so I've played the guitar for around 2 hours so far. It's definitely a lot brighter than the DGT, a lot more spanky. The maple neck is gorgeous, it feels really nice. In regards to the semi hollow nature, it's an odd one. I had a Tokai ES130 which was gorgeous and that nailed that BB King/Carlton 335 sound. That sounded a lot more open (which is obvious really, when you think about it. Bigger chambers etc).

This guitar has some fairly modern sounding pickups fitted.Considering it's a semi hollow it's not as noisey with large amounts of gain as say the Tokai would have been.

I think the semi hollow nature of this guitar, contributes more to the springy sound of the guitar. I did watch this which I found quite interesting

It would be interesting to hear what the guitar would sound like with a set of vintage style PAF's and a heavier set of strings on. But then PRS built the guitar, and I would like to think they know more than me about pickup choices etc haha

I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    Very nice.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Nice one. I won a TC compressor the other week. 
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1343
    happy days mate !
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3705
    Congratulations! 

It's nice to see someone wins this stuff. 
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4342
    Flipping heck ,well done 
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    Massive congrats on that one!

Didn't know there was guitar version, I enter the dreamcargiveaways one sometimes but am yet to win, my friend at work has won two cars and a rolex which is unbelievable luck!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7901
    DrJazzTap said:

It would be interesting to hear what the guitar would sound like with a set of vintage style PAF's and a heavier set of strings on. But then PRS built the guitar, and I would like to think they know more than me about pickup choices etc haha

You're 5 quid in so definitely try a PAF style set, players have been doing it to their PRS guitars for decades now
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    Crazy biscuits! 

Looks like a lovely guitar. Good stuff. 
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    Is it a keeper?
    Is it a keeper?
    Possibly, we've had an unexpected event with a sagging ceiling so might have to raise some cash.