• axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    I made a mahogany neck for my Tele, actually I have two and both are fine
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1178
    Suhr Pete Thorn is bolt on mahogany.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23806
    edited July 2020
    All set neck Hamer models which were factory fitted with floyds (probably same with Kahlers) had maple necks instead of mahogany.

That includes, SS1, SS2, first gen Chaparrals, TLEs, FBs, Blitz

Interesting examples of varying construction within the same models include the late 80’s/early 90s Sunbursts. 

These had mahogany necks when built with fixed bridges, but maple necks when a floyd was specified.

The variation was purely for strength because at the time the locking nuts had fixing bolts that went straight through the neck in the 80s and surface mounted from about 1990. 

They stuck with maple necks on the set neck floyded models even when the locking nuts went to surface mounting.

@BennyBoy-UK Although I've owned quite a few Hamers over the years and thought I knew a fair bit about them, you've surprised me with something I didn't know!    I've always been under the misapprehension those guitars like the SS1 had mahogany necks, even though it seemed like a very odd choice with the through-the-neck Floyd bolts.
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3310
    tFB Trader
    My telepaul is set neck alder body maple neck and it's great for what I wanted

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom