High end strat neck

What's Hot
OnparOnpar Frets: 427
I recently found out the truss rod in one of my strats is broken and cannot be fixed. The neck therefore cannot be straightened properly. It's from a 2008 USA standard strat so slim c / rosewood fingerboard / 22 frets. I have had the guitar from new (apart from a year where I sold and purchased back) so it has sentimental value.

Does anyone know where I can get a high quality replacement? like high-end Fender CS/Suhr quality. I am open to having this made if it cannot be purchased off the shelf but again needs to be high quality. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JD50JD50 Frets: 662
    Surely Allparts will have a neck in the spec you want?
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3023
    Don’t Fender sell necks nowadays ? Personally I’d tap up @GSPBASSES as his necks are incredible but if you’re keen to stay on brand ?
  • rossirossi Frets: 1713
    Fender replacement necks .The real thing .So far I have installed two Mexican necks  both which fitted my specs .They also do USA necks so will fit the high end spec .My MIM Strat roasted maple is so nice I put it on my to go anywhere tele.Naturally we then locked down so its now my going nowhere fast neck .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OnparOnpar Frets: 427
    Thanks chaps! I will look at these options.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3125
    Warmoth would be a good choice. Fender licensed and you get a choice of fancy woods, profiles,radius' , fret size and finish. A good quality one from them would probably be around £250 up to £500 for something really fancy.
  • Is there any lifetime warranty on a USA strat? Just thinking that a truss rod break is a bit weird! 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11547
    Would it be possible to remove the fretboard and fit a new truss rod?

MIght be just as expensive as getting another neck though.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3517
    crunchman said:
    Would it be possible to remove the fretboard and fit a new truss rod?

MIght be just as expensive as getting another neck though.
    I'd second that or even just ask for a few quotes.

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7140
    tFB Trader
    Strings Direct are out of stock but should be able to get you a Fender neck.
  • martin1914martin1914 Frets: 13
    Musikraft is as good as Fender and gives you a huge choice of specs
    Thanks chaps. I will explore these options. Regarding fitting a new truss rod, I did look into this and the feedback was that it would be cheaper to just buy a new neck. It will need a refret soonish as well as they are getting very low, so new neck seems to be the better option.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3113
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• zedhexzedhex Frets: 198
    edited July 2020
    Do you want to sell the neck with the broken truss rod? It might be fun trying to fix it, and I like to learn new skills.

Also: I second the comment about Warmoth necks. They are better quality then you will get from Fender, and a much wider range of specifications.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11547
    zedhex said:
    Do you want to sell the neck with the broken truss rod? It might be fun trying to fix it, and I like to learn new skills.

You beat me to it.
    Stevepage said:
    Warmoth would be a good choice. Fender licensed and you get a choice of fancy woods, profiles,radius' , fret size and finish. A good quality one from them would probably be around £250 up to £500 for something really fancy.
    This looks like a good option. Do you need to pay import duty etc when purchasing from the US?
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7140
    edited July 2020 tFB Trader
    Yes, plus VAT on item and shipping. Add about 25% on top of the total cost (inc. delivery) plus £15 or so for the courier to process the customs charges.
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1178
    I'd probably go musikraft.
  • @Onpar, would you mind if it were built by some homegrown talent, like Jon at @FelineGuitars or Sims Custom Guitars?
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11774
    tFB Trader
    We have fitted a couple of the MIM roasted maple necks  for some of you guys and I have to confess they have been fabulous. Maybe a little fret level or set-up and cut nut etc , but felt wonderful once fitted and tweaked.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

@Onpar, would you mind if it were built by some homegrown talent, like Jon at @FelineGuitars or Sims Custom Guitars?
    That would be great if they offer that service